The Student Room Group

How hard really are A-levels?

Scroll to see replies

lets put it this way, the amount of effort you put in for 10 GCSE or how ever many you're doing, a levels require A LOT more even though your just doing 3 subjects. Do not, whatever you want to do pick chemistry it is the most difficult subject to understand and interpret.
It's a joke.
As hard as you make them. Just keep up with all of your subjects and you should be fine!
Original post by Ayaz789
Because they are very hard:redface:

They are extremely easy. 80% of people who take Spanish AQA get an A*. Saw this on their website.
Original post by alevez2ez
They are extremely easy. 80% of people who take Spanish AQA get an A*. Saw this on their website.

I dont do spanish , maybe thats why it's easy for you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ayaz789
I dont do spanish , maybe thats why it's easy?

I guess you do not do any science subjects.
I guess you do not do any science subjects.

Maybe i do every science subject?
Original post by Ayaz789
Maybe i do every science subject?

If you did you wouldn't be saying Language are the hardest subjects so you obviously don't.
If you did you wouldn't be saying Language are the hardest subjects so you obviously don't.

When did i say language are the hardest subjects? What the hell are you talking? Im just saying a levels are hard in general
(edited 7 years ago)
If thousands of people can get A/A*s in the country how is it hard.
the people that don't don't work enough, how can A levels be hard when questions are about what you have learnt, or what is in the textbook/markcheme. there are no surprise questions its about the syllabus. not hard at all just put enough hours into revision.

Where have you disappeared?
Original post by Wan Hury
Wagwan. I was wondering if I could get some honest feedback of how life is like whilst studying for your A-levels. I'm starting them in September (hopefully) and I wanted to know what people think of it. I already know it's one of the toughest things anyone could ever do, but other than that, is there anything else? Thanks

I didn't find there was a large jump in difficulty from GCSE to A-Level. The real step-up is university. That's what I've found anyway.
TBH, I didn't find the jump from GCSE to AS that difficult. Found AS to A2 a lot harder esp combined with uni crap and personal statements you have to sort out :frown:
LOOOOOOOOOOOL
Original post by harun_farah
Your not a road man why you saying wagwan?????

But nah they're hard. But if you work hard you'll be fine. IF YOURE STUCK ASK FOR HELP DNT SUFFER AND GO INTO AN EXAM STILL CONFUSED OTHERWISEGTRSBFSJN

safe
if you want a midlife crisis at 18 do alevels mate
Original post by humzah10
if you want a midlife crisis at 18 do alevels mate

LOL, It is really hard though, I had to do a mock exam question for English Literature and it was really, really hard.
Original post by alevelhelp97
you'll be fine as long as you dont take english lol

is english a level really hard?
Original post by Alevelhelp97
You'll be fine as long as you dont take english lol

Omfg I want to take English literature :s-smilie: WHY???
Original post by Ayaz789
Because they are very hard:redface:

Did I dispute that? They really are. I'm saying "you'll be fine" aka don't be scared off and Language is being made out by many to be one of the hardest which is plain weird imo. All personal perspective being given for them to make their own decision, god. But ty for personally telling me a levels are hard like I don't know that lmaoo
Original post by loveireandblog
Did I dispute that? They really are. I'm saying "you'll be fine" aka don't be scared off and Language is being made out by many to be one of the hardest which is plain weird imo. All personal perspective being given for them to make their own decision, god. But ty for personally telling me a levels are hard like I don't know that lmaoo

Im not talking about languages! I just answered the question how hard really are A levels & i said really hard!
Haha you are welcome! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest