The Student Room Group

primary teaching

if i change my mind after results day then will i be able to apply to primary teaching courses ,even though i have no experience in primary classrooms
Is that a good thing or a bad thing??
bad as i really wanna do primary teaching but didnt get in as i had no work experience so i now have to do a course which my hearts not really set on :frown:
@LostGirlOnTheRun
Original post by annonoymous1998
bad as i really wanna do primary teaching but didnt get in as i had no work experience so i now have to do a course which my hearts not really set on :frown:
@LostGirlOnTheRun

Do some volunteering at a local school-but u need a DBS Check...but u can get that for free if u r a volunteer-otherwise u have to pay I think £12..
i wont have any time as i finish my exams and then primary schools start closing,so hmmmm abit confused @LostGirlOnTheRun
i wont have any time as i finish my exams and then primary schools start closing,so hmmmm abit confused @LostGirlOnTheRun

No-I'm sure that you're exams should finish in June right?? And then you'll still have a month...
but idk im confused,also want to go into social work too,too early for me to decide !! @LostGirlOnTheRun
but idk im confused,also want to go into social work too,too early for me to decide !! @LostGirlOnTheRun

yeh but u should still do the volunteering at a school-as it shows that you have a background of actually working with kids-and you can get a reference like this as well...
No. Primary teaching is competitive and they want people with experience. Plus, you have to interview for it, pass qts checks etc. It's not an easy course to get on.
Original post by littlenorthernlass
No. Primary teaching is competitive and they want people with experience. Plus, you have to interview for it, pass qts checks etc. It's not an easy course to get on.

My aunty (1.5 years older than me) chose primary school teaching as a degree course, without any experience. I think uni provides "on the job" training essentially

Age is relevant as it's not like she did this course yonks ago. It's relatively recent.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending