The Student Room Group

Girl, do you want to see my rock?

Sedimentary rocks are formed at the surface of the Earth, either in water or on land. They are layered accumulations of sediments-fragments of rocks, minerals, or animal or plant material. Temperatures and pressures are low at the Earth's surface, and sedimentary rocks show this fact by their appearance and the minerals they contain. Most sedimentary rocks become cemented together by minerals and chemicals or are held together by electrical attraction; some, however, remain loose and unconsolidated. The layers are normally parallel or nearly parallel to the Earth's surface; if they are at high angles to the surface or are twisted or broken, some kind of Earth movement has occurred since the rock was formed. Sedimentary rocks are forming around us all the time. Sand and gravel on beaches or in river bars look like the sandstone and conglomerate they will become. Compacted and dried mud flats harden into shale. Scuba divers who have seen mud and shells settling on the floors of lagoons find it easy to understand how sedimentary rocks form.

Scroll to see replies

guys

please
Reply 2
Original post by iEthan
guys

please

hahahaha
Reply 3
thanks for the science lesson
Wtf is going on today :lol:
Looks very hard
in a few years it will be gneiss
What is it with these threads

STOP. :colonhash:
Please.
(edited 7 years ago)
inb4 wanna see my lock
wht is it with al these threads.. LOL
Original post by Serine Soul
Looks very hard

I have to say... you are rocking these threads!
Original post by EricPiphany
inb4 wanna see my lock

And dock
Looks like a block of Parmesan
Sorry but I was more focused on the nutella you're holding tbh.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Wtf is going on today :lol:

Original post by mariam687
wht is it with al these threads.. LOL

I think OP wants to try and get lots of rep, when these sorta things have been done before. The irony ofc is that people after the OP are getting the rep
Original post by Serine Soul
Looks very hard

Original post by The_Internet
I think OP wants to try and get lots of rep, when these sorta things have been done before. The irony ofc is that people after the OP are getting the rep

LOL true that

Spoiler

Reply 17

I made this thread because its been done 2 times already. The goal was the elicit a reaction which I did lol. My next gem is too far away idc about rep.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iEthan
guys

please

:wink:

X1000000 reps

Quick Reply

Latest