The Student Room Group

Should we make weight lifting compulsory in school

Poll

Should weight lifting be compulsory in school

I think we should force all kids in PE to do some kind of weight training programme like stronglifts to help improve fitness and reduce obesity. Obviously there would have to be a way of fixing diet as well, perhaps reducing the amount of calories the canteen can sell to one person a day and banning packed lunches.

Although a lot of you nerds on TSR may hate the idea of it, if you think about it it would actually benefit you a lot since it would actually make the scrawny kids stronger and help level out the playing field so you may not get bogwashed by your bullies daily.

It would be way less intimidating than sports like football anyway since you aren't going to get as many people calling you **** or screaming abuse at you. In my opinion this is the real way to combat the growing obesity/skinnyfat/just being a scrawny runt epidemic we see nowadays.
Reply 1
That would be fun
I agree completely.
No its bad for the body
LIke maybe in the later years of high school yes.
Original post by intelligent con
I think we should force all kids in PE to do some kind of weight training programme like stronglifts to help improve fitness and reduce obesity. Obviously there would have to be a way of fixing diet as well, perhaps reducing the amount of calories the canteen can sell to one person a day and banning packed lunches.

Although a lot of you nerds on TSR may hate the idea of it, if you think about it it would actually benefit you a lot since it would actually make the scrawny kids stronger and help level out the playing field so you may not get bogwashed by your bullies daily.

It would be way less intimidating than sports like football anyway since you aren't going to get as many people calling you **** or screaming abuse at you. In my opinion this is the real way to combat the growing obesity/skinnyfat/just being a scrawny runt epidemic we see nowadays.

Yes and No.

Yes for sport related strength but no as in forcing kids to participate in them if they don't enjoy it. (:rant: @compulsory swimming in PE)

Packed lunches are also there for a reason I.e if some people have allergies to certain food or if the canteen doesn't offer a certain diet type I.e Halal/Kosher etc. Haha, if only you saw some of us :dumbells: in real life :lol:

You can be :albertein: + :dumbells: + :drool: af brah!

I take it your sh1t at football :laugh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Proxenus
No its bad for the body

Haha what a great way of killing off your future competitors/rivals. :laugh:

stronglifts lol. you want to teach kids to become permabulking fatties with no definition.

Deffo .... beyond so in-fact!! It gives a new deminsion to PE I say think imho!

Quick Reply

Latest