The Student Room Group

What is your favourite subject and why

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samii123
Well I can see why you also enjoy quizzing!

:lol: I never thought about it that way before, but you're right :tongue:
Latin and do I even really need a reason.. it's just amazing.
Reply 22
I can relate to that a lot! In most history exams I've taken I've had like two minutes to re read all my work at the end of it!
Reply 23
Original post by niv1234
Latin and do I even really need a reason.. it's just amazing.

The college that I'm going to in September requires students to take an enrichment activity ok top of their A-levels. One of the activities are GCSE Latin so I am considering in taking that. The terminology I could learn could also help me in the sciences - particularly biology.
English Literature because the texts we study are so beautiful :h::bubbles::lovedup:
The college that I'm going to in September requires students to take an enrichment activity ok top of their A-levels. One of the activities are GCSE Latin so I am considering in taking that. The terminology I could learn could also help me in the sciences - particularly biology.

Oh Ok, I just finished GCSE Latin last week.Thats really nice. Also for GCSE you would also have to do some prose and verse.
Reply 26
Has to be economics for me. It's just so interesting and relevant. It also combines lots of different areas of subjects (business,sociology,maths, maybe saying psychology is stretching it a bit, but it does involve why people make certain decisions and choices). That overlap then also makes it easier to spot links between subjects which is great 😊
Physics because it explains how pretty much everything works :colondollar:
french & science
How are your English exams going? :smile:

Well the first one went so-so, but the second one went brilliantly, it's just fingers crossed for the third! How about you? :-)
my favourite subject is chemistry as it is intresting and you get to do experiment which really enjoy
Reply 31
Original post by saladays
Well the first one went so-so, but the second one went brilliantly, it's just fingers crossed for the third! How about you? :-)

I had my English lit exams last year. This year its just language IGCSE and I thought it went pretty well. I need 39 for an A*.
Reply 32
Original post by ifyouseelaura
Physics because it explains how pretty much everything works :colondollar:

I love physics for that very reason too!
Business Studies because you can easily relate it to the world around you... and I can't wait to take Economics next year!:smile:

Spoiler

Languages, in particular English/Russian :h: I used to cry in primary school if we didn't have an English lesson :rofl: At university, my favourite subject was translation :gah: Theory part was not fun but the actual production of translation is best part :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Mathematics :love:

Not only is it really interesting but it also underpins the world we live in :yep:
Original post by Oxymorons
Geography, especially the human part of it. Love to learn about the urban environments and tourism rn.

Finally found someone who actually loves urban environments!!
do you find it easy and if yes,how come?
I really struggle on this topic as we have rushed through it.
Maths is life:u:
Languages <3 It's nice because they come really easy to me and learning words is ma confiture
Original post by SaraAli123
Finally found someone who actually loves urban environments!!
do you find it easy and if yes,how come?
I really struggle on this topic as we have rushed through it.

I don't know why I find it easy, it's just human geography tends to come easier to me than physical geography.

Quick Reply

Latest