The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A 2016 unofficial mark scheme 27/05/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BenAtkinson
You really think that?.. OCR love to throw in the high 10-12 markers on working out unknown compounds. Just because they're not on the specimen papers. If you look at the majority of the f322 papers, you will find one. Thanks.

There is a complete lack of a elemental analysis, IR and mass spec question on the breadth paper. They are often at the end of F322. I am thinking one of these might appear at the end of the depth paper and carry a lot of marks!
Original post by sia_x11
I have the paper guys should i upload it

I don't think you would be allowed to upload it yet because schools may need it for mock purpose, etc.

Can you PM me the paper? Also do you have the ms for it too?
Original post by ApplesTrees
I don't think you would be allowed to upload it yet because schools may need it for mock purpose, etc.

Can you PM me the paper? Also do you have the ms for it too?

You cannot access OCR's Mark scheme. It will be published on results day on OCR Interchange. It is my opinion that the answers posted in this thread yesterday are correct!
For the very last Q I put "aqueous alkali " do you think that would get the mark ? Thanks
Reply 204
hi does anyone have a list of the topics that came up in the paper yesterday, or list of things they think may come up in the depth paper? thanks
Original post by ninja55
For the last q, would it be 2NaOH as you had to remove 2 Br atoms?????

It asked for reagent so NaOH should be acceptable

But you shouldn't lose marks for 2NaOH, or any other suitable metal hydroxide that is soluble
I am not sure about Mg(OH)2 as a couple people put that and it isn't too soluble in water.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nice thanks
Original post by Munns202
For the very last Q I put "aqueous alkali " do you think that would get the mark ? Thanks

It might accept OH-(aq) as previous mark schemes have accepted that but not seen it accepted when written in words
Maybe BoD but at most it might lose 1 mark as I think it was out of 3
Reply 208
Original post by Jitesh
It asked for reagent so NaOH should be acceptable

But you shouldn't lose marks for 2NaOH, or any other suitable metal hydroxide that is soluble
I am not sure about Mg(OH)2 as a couple people put that and it isn't too soluble in water.

Revision guide says it has to be eithier NaOH or KOH
Original post by sia_x11

Can you pm it me?
Original post by sia_x11

Please upload it - could you at least PM me it? I'd like to figure out what wasn't covered so that I can revise for those topics.
Original post by Bosssman
Calculate the minimum volume of H2SO4 needed to completely react with the NaOH

i got 49.6 something like that
That's what I thought.
Original post by ComputeiT
The ocr textbook page 120 says that silver sulfate is insoluble so shouldn't that multiple choice question be D - effervescence and precipitate?

That's what I thought.
Silver nitrate was in the test tube. When nitric acid was added, no precipitate was formed as there were no halide ions to react with the silver ions. The nitric acid just serves to remove unwanted reactants that might affect your results
Original post by JLFChem
There is a complete lack of a elemental analysis, IR and mass spec question on the breadth paper. They are often at the end of F322. I am thinking one of these might appear at the end of the depth paper and carry a lot of marks!

Exactly my point. Can't see any other way IR/Mass spec will come up unless its only a little two mark question.
Original post by Rainbowsausage01
I got 3.33 too but I am not sure if thay would be accepted

Yh I was getting worried about that, oh well hopefully depth is like the specimens and we'll make it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
Silver nitrate only forms a precipitate with the halogens (bromine, chlorine, iodine etc) I think there will be no change if calcium carbonate or something else is added to it, so the answer was C.
Reply 218
Original post by BenAtkinson
Im guessing 12 marker on EF, mass spec and IR aswell.. Also I think they'll do a hydrolysis mechanism and a big question on ionisation trends. Boltzmann distribution also will come up Im pretty sure

The new specification does not ask questions that are worth 12 marks any longer. The maximum high marks awarded in our papers will be 6. So, we will have 2 or 3 six markers in the depth paper, but it is more likely to be 2.
Reply 219
Original post by laney1999
Grade Boundary predictions?

I think-

A- 53
B-47
C-40
D-34
E-28

What do you guys think?

Agreed!

Quick Reply