The Student Room Group

Assumptions people make about you

Scroll to see replies

That I'm a complete pushover and that I'll always be there. Even if no one cares about me, or bothers to ask how I'm feeling - I'll be at hand to care about anyone at any time. :h:
Lots of people assume I'm gay. :unsure:
Original post by Steelmeat
Everything, because i tell them nothing about myself

Not a single soul? :tongue:
Original post by Little Popcorns
What do people often assume about you? / What do people presume you are that you are not?

most assume i am cold, calculating and heartless
the answer is yes, yes and no often
I have one... someone sent me a pm make assumptions about me! :sad:
How come you don't have a phone, pretty unusual in this day and age not that it's a bad thing tbh...? Why do they presume you don't use the internet?
Idk really, just never had one, i do actually want one because i get left out of a lot of stuff but apparently no phone = no technology at all and lives in a cave.Someone even asked if i have a computer :lol:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
That I'm a complete pushover and that I'll always be there. Even if no one cares about me, or bothers to ask how I'm feeling - I'll be at hand to care about anyone at any time. :h:

Just know that some people really care about you :lovehug: x
A lot of people think I study all the time but don't know that I'm always on tsr :rofl: They also think I'm the happiest person alive but they don't really know what's going on behind the scenes lol :laugh:
Not a single soul? :tongue:

not a single person, well as far as my foolish younger years obviously i told ppl about myself and other stuff

however in the more recent years i've released nothing about myself

things from what sort of "material" i use and to "what resources i use(things like past papers and all that)
Is the second sentence also their assumption?
I think it's good to be nice obviously but you do have to keep your wits about you people can take the piss sometimes if you're nice to a fault...
Original post by fatima1998
I have one... someone sent me a pm make assumptions about me! :sad:
Don't get what you mean sweet?
Original post by Anonymous
Just know that some people really care about you :lovehug: x

I struggle to think that many people irl care - but thank you honey, the support here is touching :cry2: :lovehug:
Is the second sentence also their assumption?
I think it's good to be nice obviously but you do have to keep your wits about you people can take the piss sometimes if you're nice to a fault...

Yes it is :redface: - I suppose I do what is expected though. I just can't help it. :redface:
Because I am quiet by nature people often misconstrue this with being ignorant.
Reply 33
- that I'm a boy... online that is
- that I'm smart... lol
- that I'm close minded
- that I'm anything but Arab, and they start chatting **** about me in Arabic in front of me and I just wait 20 minutes and then say "oh thank you that's so nice of you to say" in Arabic
- that I'm rich... lol I wish
- that I'm quiet ... haha
- that I don't speak English ¬_¬ bare r00d, I guess I have that confused face and am really awkward when trying to make small talk with a stranger :rofl:
- that I'm rude... because I'm awkward so I'd reply with one word answers and it comes across as rude T_T

God im so cringe
People assume that I'm just chilled, care free and not worried about anything because I never show anything otherwise, I just always seem like I'm relaxed. People have no idea that my mind is constantly working overtime and I'm always anxious about something.
Don't get what you mean sweet?

Thats what i meant
Attachment not found

:sad: :mad2:
Original post by jamesthehustler
most assume i am cold, calculating and heartless
the answer is yes, yes and no often
You mean sometimes you can be and sometimes you're nothing like that?

Original post by Anonymous
Idk really, just never had one, i do actually want one because i get left out of a lot of stuff but apparently no phone = no technology at all and lives in a cave.Someone even asked if i have a computer :lol:
It is fairly unusual but it could be kinda liberating in a way, how come you don't have one? What age are you?
I struggle to think that many people irl care - but thank you honey, the support here is touching :cry2: :lovehug:

:slap: Don't think like that
Yes it is :redface: - I suppose I do what is expected though. I just can't help it. :redface:
Well if you're a nice person often people forget that you need to be shown care or forget that maybe despite your own caring personality there might be noone that shows you much care... but you need it as much as the next person. There is always self care too to make up :tongue:

Original post by fatima1998
Thats what i meant
Attachment not found

:sad: :mad2:
Not showing up :/
It is fairly unusual but it could be kinda liberating in a way, how come you don't have one? What age are you?

Yeh i mean it is good in a way because i think i appreciate the outside more and don't get distracted as much but it is kind of annoying the way in school teachers tell you to look stuff up on your phone and i just sit there like errrrr
and i'm 17 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending