The Student Room Group

6th Form Clothes?

I'll be starting 6th Form in September as I'm just finishing year 11. I need to get some new clothes for next year but I literally have no idea what to buy. What sort of things should I get? Or what do people usually wear?

The dress code just says: "While VI Form students are not expected to wear a uniform, we ask that students ensure that their dress is smart and appropriate to our educational environment.
Health and safety, cultural awareness and decency will be the guidance used in what is not appropriate. We are very keen for students to be involved in determining what is fit for purpose. The importance and key focus is students achieving their best.
Students and Staff are expected to wear identification lanyards while on campus to comply with our safeguarding policy."

Which is quite vague :s Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
I'd say just where what you normally where really. That's what I do at sixth form- jeans, T shirt, hoodie etc. You don't really have to buy anything new to be honest, unless you want to. Sometimes I wear hockey jerseys, tracksuit trousers and old jumpers that have a few holes in them, and no one says anything. In fact I've never seen anyone at my sixth form being told off for their clothing, and there are some people that where some pretty noticeable things. Basically don't wear anything with offensive slogans or imagery on it, I think its trying to say.
No one gets told off for what they wear to sixth form tbh , so you don't really need to buy new clothes!
Original post by Ayaz789
No one gets told off for what they wear to sixth form tbh , so you don't really need to buy new clothes!

Original post by BasingstokeBoy
I'd say just where what you normally where really. That's what I do at sixth form- jeans, T shirt, hoodie etc. You don't really have to buy anything new to be honest, unless you want to. Sometimes I wear hockey jerseys, tracksuit trousers and old jumpers that have a few holes in them, and no one says anything. In fact I've never seen anyone at my sixth form being told off for their clothing, and there are some people that where some pretty noticeable things. Basically don't wear anything with offensive slogans or imagery on it, I think its trying to say.

Wow-no way! Where I live, many sixth forms have dresscodes-for males-suits…and nothing else. Females is mainly smart office wear, soyeh mainly suits…and nothing else….and yup they do get sanctions just for wearing casual clothing...
At my schools sixth form you have to wear business dress but I know this is different at different places, maybe ask anyone else you know who already goes there/is going there? I'd say from what you've said it's not business dress though

Quick Reply

Latest