The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Romanian family with 5 kids turn up and are given a council house

Scroll to see replies

So.... did they actually get given a council house? Its one thing asking, another thing actually getting.
A fair few do that

The Labour & Conservative governments have not built more houses hence the list of people waiting has gone over a million.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone wanna have 5 kids with me so i can get a council house in London pls?
Reply 23
Original post by returnmigrant
So.... did they actually get given a council house? Its one thing asking, another thing actually getting.

They did in Birmingham a 4 bedroom house
Reply 24
Original post by sainsburys wraps
no one cares apart from rightwing lunatics who have no visual grasp of how insignificant one family getting a council house is

It's an example of how many people from the continent could just turn up here and live on a tax payer funded council house. You're an idiot if you didn't realize this
Original post by _icecream
It's an example of how many people from the continent could just turn up here and live on a tax payer funded council house. You're an idiot if you didn't realize this

Except it isn't though, this was one isolated incident where one family got a council house. This is in no way proof that this happens on a massive scale. The right wingers tend to take one small issue and overinflate it as if it is happening everywhere across the UK, I would be very surprised if this happened more often, but one single family, who cares.
Except it isn't though, this was one isolated incident where one family got a council house. This is in no way proof that this happens on a massive scale. The right wingers tend to take one small issue and overinflate it as if it is happening everywhere across the UK, I would be very surprised if this happened more often, but one single family, who cares.

So? why should it happen anyway?
Original post by The gains kinggg
So? why should it happen anyway?

Here's a better question, why should we leave the EU because people are using the EU for what it was designed for?
Here's a better question, why should we leave the EU because people are using the EU for what it was designed for?

Come to Derby mate, but not for a bed. Trust me there are none left!

PS that's not me being racist, but speaking the truth. When on more than one occasion i have been put on the streets rather than given a bed to stay for the night. And after that i end up on the wards, because as i said already, there are no beds. And i have been told by the powers that be, that the next time i end up homeless, i will most likely be seeing the inside of her majesty's resisdence, rather than get me a bed. But oh yes, i should be grateful for the fact that this country which i was raised in, cannot even support one of it's own? Sorry, we are all citizen's of the world now. Only it is only the UK which takes them all in, and there is no place for people like me. How do you think i feel inside. Fuming i tell you.
Original post by john2054
Come to Derby mate, but not for a bed. Trust me there are none left!

PS that's not me being racist, but speaking the truth. When on more than one occasion i have been put on the streets rather than given a bed to stay for the night. And after that i end up on the wards, because as i said already, there are no beds. And i have been told by the powers that be, that the next time i end up homeless, i will most likely be seeing the inside of her majesty's resisdence, rather than get me a bed. But oh yes, i should be grateful for the fact that this country which i was raised in, cannot even support one of it's own? Sorry, we are all citizen's of the world now. Only it is only the UK which takes them all in, and there is no place for people like me. How do you think i feel inside. Fuming i tell you.

Your problem John is you have to apologize to Social Justice Warriors and cry out I'm not racist. Screw them. Speak your mind.

A good portion of my family come from the Midlands around Derby and the place is a cess pit. Every city and town around the peak district has been colonized. Its so bad that people with any sense have either moved to Lincolnshire or Yorkshire in a bid to get away from the squalor.

Call it white flight if you will.

I'll be honest with you mate. Move away from Derby and find a place where foreigners don't want to move too.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Your problem John is you have to apologize to Social Justice Warriors and cry out I'm not racist. Screw them. Speak your mind.

A good portion of my family come from the Midlands around Derby and the place is a cess pit. Every city and town around the peak district has been colonized. Its so bad that people with any sense have either moved to Lincolnshire or Yorkshire in a bid to get away from the squalor.

Call it white flight if you will.

I'll be honest with you mate. Move away from Derby and find a place where foreigners don't want to move too.

Thanks illegal. If only it were that simple. My wife works here and my step daughter goes to school here, so like i said, if only it were that simple!??
Honestly i feel sympathy for them, the father was saying that in romania he couldnt afford to feed his family and that if they were to remain there they would have starved. He wanted a better life for his kids and i cant argue with his reasons. i dont agree with them getting a four bed house a three bed would have sufficed but his kids were between four and ten and during winter it would have been even more dangerous for them. The only problem truey raised by the show was about the distinct lack of social or affordable housing
Original post by _icecream
I was watching one documentary on CH4 about council housing and a Romanian family with 5 kids have decided to turn up in a London council where they have demanded a house on their FIRST DAY of arriving in the UK!
The dad just knew that they would be given a house because he brought over his 5 KIDS from Romania this guy hasn't even got a job decides to go to a foreign country and is immediately given 4 bedroom house with all housing benefits and rent paid on their 4th day here.

SO ANYONE FROM THE EU COULD JUST TURN UP AND DEMAND A HOUSE FREE OF CHARGE!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2155726/Somali-family-benefits-handed-keys--2million-luxury-council-home-Londons-affluent-streets.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3450746/Jobless-Somali-refugee-family-rehoused-2m-mansion-1-3m-semi.html
Ah yes, let's blame everything on immigrants shall we?

I would've done the same thing if I were in his shoes. Besides, it seems like everyone wants to move to London these days.

LOOL u think this a special case? U think the housing woman thought he looked quite dapper and has the discretion to make such a big decision? There is a clear and uniform guideline for where somebody falls on the scale of priority.

If you find yourself homeless... you will go to the very end of a very very very very long queue whilst Romanov and his spawn turn up and jump close to the top if they have kids. The queue will be so long you will probably have turned to drugs and alcohol from the harsh cold winter nights and become uneligible anyway
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
LOOL u think this a special case? U think the housing woman thought he looked quite dapper and has the discretion to make such a big decision? There is a clear and uniform guideline for where somebody falls on the scale of priority.

If you find yourself homeless... you will go to the very end of a very long long queue whilst Romanov and his spawn turn up and jump close to the top if they have kids.

Yes, its a special case.
Yes, its a special case.

How was it a special case?
no one cares apart from rightwing lunatics who have no visual grasp of how insignificant one family getting a council house is

While the OP is RIGHT that this DOES happen because the level of vulnerability increases the level of priority. So a native with NO kids who is FACING ****ING EVICTION is bumped down the ****ing queue because of migrants with loads of children. How DARE you minimise what people go through and how many HOMELESS ENGLISH people there are with labeling them as "right wing" and "LUNATICS?" The homelessness in this country spiked 300% because people are LOSING THEIR HOMES for A MULTITUDE of reasons and you call these people LUNATICS?

That being said this has NOTHING to do with being migrants.

@_icecream @john2054 As frustrating as it is being sat in council waiting to be called, and then being turned away because your situation aint "dire" enough or because there's a technical bureaucratic reason you don't "qualify" for HOME I know homeless migrants but it's ALL about the number of CHILDREN. There are English natives who walk in with 8 kids lol and they will get a home and BIG ONE before the English AND foreign single get even a SMALL FLAT.
Original post by Guinevera
Honestly i feel sympathy for them, the father was saying that in romania he couldnt afford to feed his family and that if they were to remain there they would have starved. He wanted a better life for his kids and i cant argue with his reasons. i dont agree with them getting a four bed house a three bed would have sufficed but his kids were between four and ten and during winter it would have been even more dangerous for them. The only problem truey raised by the show was about the distinct lack of social or affordable housing

Do you know how many people in the world would wish to move to the UK and be given a house for them and their 5 children? Multiple Billions..

Everybody wants a better life for themselves and their kids.. If i could take my neighbours car legally... it would improve mine and my hypothetical kids lives... So does that make it ok?

Yes we have a housing shortage but we cannot afford to build houses for an entire continent. jesus

Latest

Trending

Trending