The Student Room Group

only forum i can go anon but how do you revise? i dont know how!

help me learn how to revise
Original post by Anonymous

urmm, try moving ur post to GCSE or A-levels, which ever ones u are doing? As it will help to get more people to answer, who know more about it.
Reply 2
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
urmm, try moving ur post to GCSE or A-levels, which ever ones u are doing? As it will help to get more people to answer, who know more about it.

its uni but it does not give me the option to go anon in those forums
But i think that you should try and answer as many exam questions as you can, as when I did my GCSES it helped me a lot, and so it may be of use to you. Or you could just make a mindmap of each topic in order to help you.
There is no real need for anon here, there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

As you have provided no information on study level, subjects or anything like that, you are not helping anyone to help yourself. :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
But i think that you should try and answer as many exam questions as you can, as when I did my GCSES it helped me a lot, and so it may be of use to you. Or you could just make a mindmap of each topic in order to help you.

where can i find exam papers on my subject

You have to try and find a technique that works best for you.

Some possible methods are
- Flashcards
- Posters summarising everything
- Taking notes
- Past papers
- Watching videos on YouTube
- Online resources

Personally, I make sure that all my notes are good, then make flash cards and posters. Then I will do all the past papers, even do them twice to make sure that you learn from the mistakes you made. I also find revising in coloured fineliner pens helps me a lot.
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM
There is no real need for anon here, there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

As you have provided no information on study level, subjects or anything like that, you are not helping anyone to help yourself. :redface:

uni
business studies & management
Reply 8
Original post by ashleymacleod
You have to try and find a technique that works best for you.

Some possible methods are
- Flashcards
- Posters summarising everything
- Taking notes
- Past papers
- Watching videos on YouTube
- Online resources

Personally, I make sure that all my notes are good, then make flash cards and posters. Then I will do all the past papers, even do them twice to make sure that you learn from the mistakes you made. I also find revising in coloured fineliner pens helps me a lot.

where from?

Get a revision book or videos based on the spec and make notes which have the key information on and which make sense to you.
Original post by AxSirlotl
Get a revision book or videos based on the spec and make notes which have the key information on and which make sense to you.

ooo il check amazon
Reply 11
where from?

Use google. A simple trick is to type in one of your topics followed by 'pdf' to get notes. On your university website, there are lists of recommended books, which I'd advise to get from your uni's library, or just go on google and type in the name followed by pdf.
where from?

It depends on what exam board you are for each subject. If you don't know then as your teacher.

You can just type into google past papers (subject) (exam board)
where can i find exam papers on my subject

what subject are u doing?
uni
business studies & management

Sorry - I did not mean to sound patronising. :redface:

I think, with uni modules, you have to look at past papers and get an idea of what you need to be learning (this works more for the quantitative modules, not so much the qualitative ones) and have a look at what is required of you for each unit (whether emphasis is put on extra reading, whether you write two essay questions in the exam out of a possible 5, say, topics/areas from it etc, and if you study Statistics modules then try to find places where you can practice loads of similar questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending