The Student Room Group

Design engineering: I don't fit the subject requirements

Deleted post...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by questioons
So after months of changing my mind on what uni course I want to pick I've finally found one that I really want to do, which is Design engineering. However the A levels I am studying are Chemistry, Biology, and Psychology, and my AS is Maths. The subjects required are Maths/Physics/Design and tech so I feel I don't have a chance. Is there a possibility I could get in or is there another way? like a foundation course or something??

Thank you!

Yes, given your subject choices a foundation year might be the way in. Engineering at university is largely the application of physics, which is essentially applied maths. Nothing wrong with a foundation year, lots of people here have done them.
Reply 2
Thank you for the reply, but is there anywhere I can get information on the foundation year because at the moment I have no idea where/how I could enroll
Original post by questioons
Thank you for the reply, but is there anywhere I can get information on the foundation year because at the moment I have no idea where/how I could enroll

I actually don't know anything about foundation years since we do not have them n Scotland, but hopefully someone who has done one can chime in.
Reply 4
Original post by Smack
I actually don't know anything about foundation years since we do not have them n Scotland, but hopefully someone who has done one can chime in.

okay thank you anyway ive checked online and there are degrees which include a foundation year

Quick Reply

Latest