The Student Room Group

Igcse edexcel physics exam 1PR

Scroll to see replies

This is out of topic but i did my Maths p1r, yesterday. how was it for you? Oh and for physics what did you write for the water level question the one with the teacher having a container and we had to draw the height of the water level is it the same height throughout the differently shaped containers?
Reply 41
Original post by JustHereForIGCSE
This is out of topic but i did my Maths p1r, yesterday. how was it for you? Oh and for physics what did you write for the water level question the one with the teacher having a container and we had to draw the height of the water level is it the same height throughout the differently shaped containers?

Maths was fab!!!!!! Physics i hated
Original post by mirah01
Maths was fab!!!!!! Physics i hated

haha for me it was the other way round
Physics was alright, did you guys do the 3HR paper for maths too (A, IGCSE, EDEXCEL)
And can anyone remember the answer to the 3rd last question, where there was a table for calculations ? (4 marks)
Gosh the last 3 questions, all 4 marks, this was never in a past paper ever xD
Original post by Knockingpoint
Physics was alright, did you guys do the 3HR paper for maths too (A, IGCSE, EDEXCEL)
And can anyone remember the answer to the 3rd last question, where there was a table for calculations ? (4 marks)
Gosh the last 3 questions, all 4 marks, this was never in a past paper ever xD

was it about what k was?
Reply 45
Original post by Etank
what did you guys write for the Metal rod AB? I made some crap up about Left hand rule etc, but how does the metal rod move? I said it moves to the right. Also can someone explain the loading and unloading pressure experiment? I read the thing 15 times and I still didnt understand the loading and unloading thing. The volume recorded for loading and unloading are always the same or very similiar, but shouldnt the volume for unloading be much bigger??? Oh and was it supposed to be a curve or line of best fit?

I wrote using Left Hand Rule. Since the current is flowing from B to A (don't remember which side is A but I'm sure it flows from the nearer side to the further side), and the magnetic field is pointing into the paper (they only drew the N pole so i'm assuming the magnet is stacked up), so the rod moves left. I might be wrong though.
Reply 46
Original post by JustHereForIGCSE
I wrote the LHR thing for the AB rod too. Basically it was a current carrying conductor hence a magnetic field was produces around it which interfered with the permanent magnetic field hence causing a force to act and blah blah. ( i hope its correct or close to the actual answer)

I didn't get the unloading and loading question to, the last part of the question where the student is coming up with the conclusion there is a table with 3 columns volume, pressure and calculations made. Did you write anything in the 'calculations made' column cause the question didn't ask too right some of my friends wrote it and others like myself left it blank.

Oh and what was your answer for the pressure question where we had to draw the water level in the wierdly shaped containers is it just 1 straight line throughout? cause of the pressure inside = pressure outisde and atm pressure?

I think we have to do at lease 2-3 calculations to show the trend/relationship for the results. I filled in everything just to be safe. I drew a straight line through the weirdly shaped containers just like you did, because I thought pressure acts equally in all directions.
Reply 47
Original post by mirah01
There was one on a loud speaker, I think it was something to do with how ac current makes noice

I wrote:
AC produces changing magnetic field
Changing magnetic field interacts with the magnetic field of the permanent magnet
This induces a force that is constantly changing
Therefore, the cone vibrates, causing air particles to vibrate and create sound
What did you guys wrote for the Rod AB?

Quick Reply

Latest