The Student Room Group

Help! Extremely painful verruca or something on foot.

Hi
Over the past few days I've developed a extremely painful spot or verruca on my sole. It's so bad I can't wear my trainers and I'm limping and can't walk far or drive because of it :frown:
There is a lot of redness around it and its extremely painful to touch hence why walking is painful. I find keeping my leg horizontal helps relive the pain.
Is it a verruca or something worse?

Btw I've had verrucas many years before and they were never this painful.

Any advice on how to get rid of the pain?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
Over the past few days I've developed a extremely painful spot or verruca on my sole. It's so bad I can't wear my trainers and I'm limping and can't walk far or drive because of it :frown:
There is a lot of redness around it and its extremely painful to touch hence why walking is painful. I find keeping my leg horizontal helps relive the pain.
Is it a verruca or something worse?

Btw I've had verrucas many years before and they were never this painful.

Any advice on how to get rid of the pain?

Thanks

I would not suggest using any topical treatments such as creams until you know for certian what it is (and also not if the skin is broken). But if you know what it is and that it will not be affected negatively then you could try anticeptic cream such as germoline or aloevera gel. You will probably find that anything topical will interfere with whatever treatment there is for it though.
Ice (indirect) on the area will probably numb it after some initial pain. I'm not sure how well painkillers would work on something so specific but you could certinaly try it. That's all I can think of other than trying to keep pressure off the area and stuff to minimise it a bit.

Assuming it is a verruca you could use bazuka or freezing treatments (from any supermarket or pharmacy). Verucas can be more painful depending on location so it is certinally possible.
Since you are unsure though you may want to got to a walk-in clinic or your gp (clinic will probably be quicker for this) or maybe a pharmacist to check what it is and the best way to get rid of it.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest