The Student Room Group

Revision Tips anyone?

After half term I have a few exams left (2 in history and 3 in science)
During year 7-9 I could never revise properly and would spend hours in my room thinking I have done 4 hours when I probably did 40 minutes. This year I would like to know how to properly revise because I don't really want to retake my exams. Does anyone have any tips on how to revise or your methods to revise for exams?
Original post by Roseluna
During year 7-9 I could never revise properly and would spend hours in my room thinking I have done 4 hours when I probably did 40 minutes. This year I would like to know how to properly revise because I don't really want to retake my exams. Does anyone have any tips on how to revise or your methods to revise for exams?

Go through the specification and make sure you know everything on there so nothing can surprise you

http://blogsonfashion.tumblr.com/post/144704150374/revision-tips
Reply 3
Thank you both for the suggestions! Just very nervous for the exams!!!:s-smilie:

stay away from the internet/ your phone/ tv/ tsr/ anything distracting

go to the library and revise there, or somewhere you can't be distracted and actually do your work. do past papers/review notes but don't write up notes. its a total waste of time.

don't focus on how long you're revising but how useful the revision is... half an hour of focused revision is can be better than 5 hours of writing up notes, reading long passages in textbooks, etc.

best of luck with all your exams!!:jive::heart:
Thank you both for the suggestions! Just very nervous for the exams!!!:s-smilie:

Good luck with everything !! I am sure you will ace them. I am currently doing exams too and am nervous too. If you don't mind me asking what exams are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by siamesedaffodil
stay away from the internet/ your phone/ tv/ tsr/ anything distracting

go to the library and revise there, or somewhere you can't be distracted and actually do your work. do past papers/review notes but don't write up notes. its a total waste of time.

don't focus on how long you're revising but how useful the revision is... half an hour of focused revision is can be better than 5 hours of writing up notes, reading long passages in textbooks, etc.

best of luck with all your exams!!:jive::heart:

Thank you for the tips, definitely might try and go to a library where I might concentrate better:redface:
Reply 7
Original post by niv1234
Good luck with everything !! I am sure you will ace them. I am currently doing exams too and am nervous too. If you don't mind me asking what exams are you doing?

I'm sure you will ace your test too.Don't mind at all,I'm sitting two history exams and all unit 1 sciences:redface:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest