The Student Room Group

What do you think of this Bengali girl? Opinions are appreciated

A brief description of a Bengali girl from East London who went to secondary school in Tower Hamlets (class of 2007-2012): She started school with hundreds of other Bengalis and was known for being a bit of a spoilt brat and even fell into fights with other girls. She fell into a relationship with a Bengali boy a year older. She happened to have got pregnant by him in year 9 (at age 13) and gave birth to a girl. She got pregnant again with the same guy in year 11 (at age 15) and gave birth to another girl. She barely attended school in the latter years since she was pregnant and was preoccupied in looking after her child. While she was pregnant she would attend classes sometimes and class mates would touch her baby bump out of fascination. She even was congratulated by class mates through Facebook once she gave birth. One of the teachers even said 'well done'. She has no GCSEs (or any qualifications for that matter). She was disowned by her parents while at school and she along with her 2 daughters live with a foster mother. She makes a bit of money from modelling and she takes great care of her 2 daughters. The guy she had children with is known to have got other girls pregnant and has even went to prison.

From the description above do you think it was wrong for this girl to lead that sort of lifestyle or is it a harmless choice that she had made?
What sort of burden does people like her put on society (I'm actually really curious to know)?
If a large fraction of British girls lived like her what state would the UK be in?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm interested to know what Muslims think of this.
At 13 that's pretty weird isn't it?
I mean.
What?
Very sad all this
Reply 4
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
At 13 that's pretty weird isn't it?
I mean.
What?

To be fair it isn't that weird. Most girls would have hit puberty by then and are capable of having children at that age.
Well she has lived life on her own terms and she shouldn't be judged negatively for doing so :noway:
Reply 6
Original post by ODES_PDES
Very sad all this

Why is it sad? She seems to be living quite a satisfied life and her children are quite joyful.
Reply 7
Original post by Indeterminate
Well she has lived life on her own terms and she shouldn't be judged negatively for doing so :noway:

Are people like her frowned upon by most people and why so?

so we're not allowed to disapprove of her having sex at 13 and all the other things she's done?
Original post by Anonymous
A brief description of a Bengali girl from East London who went to secondary school in Tower Hamlets (class of 2007-2012): She started school with hundreds of other Bengalis and was known for being a bit of a spoilt brat and even fell into fights with other girls. She fell into a relationship with a Bengali boy a year older. She happened to have got pregnant by him in year 9 (at age 13) and gave birth to a girl. She got pregnant again with the same guy in year 11 (at age 15) and gave birth to another girl. She barely attended school in the latter years since she was pregnant and was preoccupied in looking after her child. While she was pregnant she would attend classes sometimes and class mates would touch her baby bump out of fascination. She even was congratulated by class mates through Facebook once she gave birth. One of the teachers even said 'well done'. She has no GCSEs (or any qualifications for that matter). She was disowned by her parents while at school and she along with her 2 daughters live with a foster mother. She makes a bit of money from modelling and she takes great care of her 2 daughters. The guy she had children with is known to have got other girls pregnant and has even went to prison.

From the description above do you think it was wrong for this girl to lead that sort of lifestyle or is it a harmless choice that she had made?
What sort of burden does people like her put on society (I'm actually really curious to know)?
If a large fraction of British girls lived like her what state would the UK be in?

It's not for us to make a judgement on. What she did was out of her own choice - though, if she were better educated I doubt such things would have taken place. You need to remember Tower Hamlets is a deprived and run down place, such things are common over there.

It depends on what she does in order to decide what sort of burden she puts on society. If she lived off benefits just because she could, I would be angry. If a large fraction of British girls were like here, quite honestly, the UK would be screwed for the future.
Original post by lolatmaths
so we're not allowed to disapprove of her having sex at 13 and all the other things she's done?

Why would you disapprove it? Shouldn't she have the freedom to have children any time she wants?
Are people like her frowned upon by most people and why so?

Yes, unfortunately. You better ask them why :lol:

Original post by lolatmaths

Live and let live m8. We live in a free society :smile:
This is honestly why I think the UK should have a compulsory year of military service between the ages of 16-18. It's great that there are being improvements made to the education system too. It would reduce this sort of rubbish by a significant amount. What these kids need is discipline and education.
Harmless.. poor kids, I think. I don't think the kids will grow up in a stable environment.
To be fair it isn't that weird. Most girls would have hit puberty by then and are capable of having children at that age.

Most people are indeed capable of performing a range of biological functions, to varying degrees of excess, but the day when defecating in the street is hailed as a progressive act is the day that I renounce my citizenship.
This is honestly why I think the UK should have a compulsory year of military service between the ages of 16-18. It's great that there are being improvements made to the education system too. It would reduce this sort of rubbish by a significant amount. What these kids need is discipline and education.

I don't get how 2 years of military service prevents these sort of things.
Why would you disapprove it? Shouldn't she have the freedom to have children any time she wants?

Perhaps, but i highly doubt that it was a planned pregnancy. And im sure at 13 education is more important. There is nothing wrong with social standards and people should strive to comply with it. I think we can agree shes made bad decisions.

Live and let live m8. We live in a free society :smile:

If you had a daughter like this, would you do this because its a 'free society'?
I don't get how 2 years of military service prevents these sort of things.

It teaches discipline.

True as that may be, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to have kids just because you physically can.

I'm almost 24 and have no intention of having kids any time soon. Not this side of turning 30, certainly.

She might be capable. BUT SHES (was) 13.
SHE CANNOT SUPPORT HER CHILDREN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending