The Student Room Group

What do you think of this Bengali girl? Opinions are appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
At 13 that's pretty weird isn't it?
I mean.
What?

Nice avatar DatBoi
Sorry but you're mistaking me for another person.
Original post by *Alisha*
First of all....in another thread you wrote about sneakingly not fasting (which means you're a Muslim yourself and you said so!) Secondly,you want to know what Muslims think about this situation when you're one yourself?
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
The

The reason being is because its quite rare amongst Bengalis/Pakistanis and I wanted to know people have to say about that since this is something that mostly thought of in white communities. I hate when only white people are criticised for certain stereotypes.

You're missing something here, she was brought up in a white community 😝
I'm assuring you it hardly happens in Bangladesh/Pakistan given the fact that the girl is totally aware of the consequences or situations aftermath.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn I was hoping for a r8/8 thread. Disappointed.
Bengali is an adjective that adds spice to the story but is a bit superfluous.

Choices in life for boys and girls and teen pregnancy for girl can be problematic but then there is this divide between listening to others and doing what you feel like 'cause you want to live your life or make your own choices..

These pitfalls to which a number of young people fall are sadly (or not) quite 'democratic' in the sense that we can all fall into them with more or less equal chances regardless of ethnicity or culture.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 45
If she cannot comprehend the consequences of having sex, being a minor, then she certainly cannot comprehend the consequences of having children.
I think she made a huge mistake by even having sex that young. She probably thought she was "in love" and thought this guy was it. However I'm glad that she didn't abort the baby and decided to face up to her consequences and it seems like she's doing well for herself. Age is just a number and you can attain GCSE's even after 16. A lot of single mothers these days are doing GCSE's and A levels and progressing onto university so its not the end of the world for her. She should just know that should she ever decide to pursue her dreams or get into university she can do so. However, I feel sorry for her children because they won't be brought up with a good father.
what a rubbish life LoL.
Young, naïve, needed some guidance and a positive role model at 13.
It's nice that she's sort of living well but her life may have been much better if she had the right amounts of support.

Also, parents disowning a 13 year old child is just awful. The least they could've done is talk to her about the situation, tell her to consider abortion, and encourage her to turn her life around. But tbh it's typical of Bengali parents to just do that, as their 'honour' and 'image' in front of the community (huge Bengali community too in East London) matters more than their child's wellbeing.
Surely you can't compare defecating on the streets to teenage childbirth. The former causes direct nuisance whilst with the latter I don't see anything of such. If her actions isn't harming or annoying anyone then what's wrong?

Defecating on the street doesn't pose a "direct nuisance" to anyone; merely the overwhelming likelihood of such, with its attendant negative social and environmental consequences. Likewise, nor does the fact that a select few individuals are afflicted with varying degrees of incontinence lend credence to the idea that public defecation should be de rigueur, however much (and understandably) you may wish to retrospectively legitimise your profoundly dysfunctional childhood.
(edited 7 years ago)
Huh? Do people in India defecate on the streets?
Original post by Nidhoggr
Dont go to India then.
Well her boyfriend is only a year older than her so I don't think (he's underage himself).

Still illegal.
Original post by Amir52
You're missing something here, she was brought up in a white community 😝
I'm assuring you it hardly happens in Bangladesh/Pakistan given the fact that the girl is totally aware of the consequences or situations aftermath.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. She lives in Tower Hamlets in East London which has the highest and densest population of Bengalis so she was brought up in a Bengali community. The school she went to is mostly Bengalis.
Original post by The Joker ~
Bengali is an adjective that adds spice to the story but is a bit superfluous.

Choices in life for boys and girls and teen pregnancy for girl are problematic but then there is this divide between listening to others and doing what you feel like 'cause you want to live your life or make your own choices..

These pitfalls to which a number of young people fall are sadly (or not) quite 'democratic' in the sense that we can all into them with more or less equal chances regardless of ethnicity or culture.

Hello my fellow joker :smile:
To be fair it isn't that weird. Most girls would have hit puberty by then and are capable of having children at that age.

Yes it is weird, she's under legal age and its rather weird anyway having a child at 16.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vikingninja
Yes it is weird, she's under legal age and its rather weird anyway having a child at 16.

Its better to say its not commonplace but I wouldn't say its weird. Some people just want to have kids at a young age.
Its better to say its not commonplace but I wouldn't say its weird. Some people just want to have kids at a young age.

Yes it is weird. They can't even support the child unless their own parents are doing it themselves. Absolute **** (c bomb) move to make it so that a senior person to yourself has to support the child.
It does put a burden on society because if it became more common, there would be a high proportion of females with no qualifications which in turn would make it harder for them to get good jobs and secure a future for their kids. Having sex at 13? Okay fine, but having unprotected sex at 13? No. Imagine what her life could have been if she had waited to get have kids and gotten an education.
Huh? Do people in India defecate on the streets?

Yes. just google "indians sh*t in the street" and you will see. Millions of them do it.
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
She might be capable. BUT SHES (was) 13.
SHE CANNOT SUPPORT HER CHILDREN

Yeah I agree, you can't even work at that age I'm a proper job so I don't think she should be allowed to have children.
Although saying that at the same time it does sound slightly wrong making kids have abortion s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending