The Student Room Group

In love but moving away

I met a guy 2 weeks ago on Tinder, we met up just for casual hook up, but got talking and I stayed the night, we really got along well. So I went back and we had some more dates and more staying the nights, also non stop texting each other, but he leaves uni in a few weeks so moves FAR away, and then he is studying away for a year and I start uni in September. It sounds so hopeless, but I love him :frown: he feels the same, but what can we do without sacrificing our education ??? (Dw I'm NOT doing that for a guy I've known 2 weeks)
As you've said yourself.. You wont sacrifice your education for a guy you've know for two weeks so you've got to let go. No matter how much you may love him, your education is what comes first and you'll no doubt find someone else who's just as good as him if not better. Time will heal all wounds anon.
Apparently everyone is in love lel
haahaa
Sounds like the only other option is trying long distance but since it's only been two weeks are you really feeling that ?
Reply 5
How did you fall in love within two weeks?
two weeks.... try two years.....

The problem is when it starts to stop other potential relationships. Just move on, it'll hurt but will be worth it in the long run.
I refuse to believe you can love someone after two weeks. I don't even believe I loved my man after two weeks and now I'm marrying him. You'll go off to uni and so will he and you'll forget about each other, you may even meet someone you 'love' more. You may like this guy a lot but you're young and its not the end of the world. Its good that you've decided not to sacrifice you education. If you really want to give it a chance ask him if he is prepared to attempt a LDR.
Reply 8
You can really get to know someone if you practically live with them for 2 weeks.
When people just throw the word 'love' around. :dry:
OP I think you're just infatuated.
Original post by queenofswords

Loves English Literature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queenofswords

It happens too often :sad: but if they have never experienced it then it is difficult to blame them.
Well I'm lucky as who I'm with is understandable and supportive... but dump him if his causing problems with your studies which will last your entire life.
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Loves English Literature

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously in a context where the object of love is a person.
Original post by Anonymous
I met a guy 2 weeks ago on Tinder

I love him :frown:

You have no understanding of what love, in the romantic sense, truly is.
2 weeks? You having a giraffe?

Quick Reply

Latest