The Student Room Group

No Social Media?

Except for here (not sure if it counts since i haven't used my name or anything) I have no social media except texting platforms. I'm not anti-social or anything and I have lots of friends but I'm just not really keen on the idea. Anyone else?
Neither do I but that's a good thing.
Reply 2
I dont use FB, Instagram, Snapchat. But Whatsapp & Kik, Skype.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
Neither do I but that's a good thing.

Why do you think? I would agree generally but Im just curious
Reply 4
Original post by Wimsett
Except for here (not sure if it counts since i haven't used my name or anything) I have no social media except texting platforms. I'm not anti-social or anything and I have lots of friends but I'm just not really keen on the idea. Anyone else?

I don't even text so don't worry, lol
Reply 5
Original post by _Xenon_
I don't even text so don't worry, lol

Haha, and I'm not worried just curious to see how common it is :smile:
Original post by Wimsett
Why do you think? I would agree generally but Im just curious

I wouldn't like to be famous for anything :biggrin: that's all. Plus it would worsen my procrastination.
I didn't have any social media (apart from TSR, if that counts), until yesterday when I finally caved and created a Facebook account. I figured I'd probably end up needing it sooner or later, for finding university flat mates etc, so I thought I may as well bite the bullet and get it. I don't intend on using it much though!
I have Facebook because messenger is free and I'm too skint to text. But that's all I use it for.
Reply 9
I don't use FB or Twitter.

I use WhatsApp now and then and I have a tumblr blog, that's the extent of my social media :tongue:.

I've used FB and Twitter before and just hated them tbh.
I just have snapchat other than this.
Already having it hard revising with tsr and snapchat - think I'll be dead if I had facebook and instagram as well.
I didn't have a phone until 17 and facebook until 18 - those two things are pretty important for work/uni related things.
I only have Facebook to get missing notes from coursework from my mates. Other than that, I hardly use Facebook. :smile:
Twitter, but that's mostly so I can Tweet to LBC. My tweets get mentioned a lot on there. Love. It. :ahee: But nothing other than that. I deleted my Facebook account about a year ago. Never looked back. Not interested in Instagram. I have no idea what Snapchat is. Does Pinterest count as social media? I do have that.
Original post by Vixen47
Twitter, but that's mostly so I can Tweet to LBC. My tweets get mentioned a lot on there. Love. It. :ahee: But nothing other than that. I deleted my Facebook account about a year ago. Never looked back. Not interested in Instagram. I have no idea what Snapchat is. Does Pinterest count as social media? I do have that.

Really? REALLY REALLY? I LOOVE LBC!! I've phoned in like three times on the same day once. I don't usually phone in though. Pinterest does count I guess
Only use messengers like WhatsApp, Kik, Snapchat.

Don't have Facebook. But may need to create one to use Tinder in the future. :teehee:
Original post by Wimsett

It's probably more social to NOT be on social media tbh.

I have Facebook, Snapchat (not used that much), twitter (rarely used except to debate with the far right and extremists from time to time)

So yeah...that's me.
Wait, there's social media outside of TSR? :curious:
I stopped using FaceBook altogether a year ago.

I saw no use in it besides the messenger app.

Quick Reply

Latest