The Student Room Group

If One was to purely revise from Bitesize (with no additional support)

What if someone was to revise from Bitesize without anything (books, notes, peers, teachers e.g.) what grade would they most likely achieve?

Note: I'm not actually doing this, I'm just curious.
Original post by Midori Reeku
What if someone was to revise from Bitesize without anything (books, notes, peers, teachers e.g.) what grade would they most likely achieve?

Bitesize is useful but its very generic in my opinion and its hard to know what you personally need to know.
Mmm if you remembered it all and applied it correctly easily an A, depending on the year maybe even an A* but not very likely
Eww bitesize never
Reply 4
they don't go into enough detail for an A* imo
(edited 7 years ago)
Love bitesize, best for science.
I agree with the above. It's a good resource for Science, because it can explain harder concepts really fast and quick (good for revision and revision cards etc.)

But, thats just it - they explain things really fast, just 'glossing over' concepts you need to know more about.
I used it to revise for the Inspector Calls + Of Mice and Men previously and achieved an A* so it's certainly good in some regards.

Best idea is probably to just get the revision guides for the subject imo.
On my exam board probably a C... :s-smilie: nowhere near enough detail
Original post by Midori Reeku

Personally the highest I would get with Bitesize is D/C. It has no detail, and to get A/A* you need to do past papers.
Reply 9
Bitesize has some incorrect information, in some areas, with too little detail where needed. I prefer using the exam board approved textbooks with some online videos.
Reply 10
CGP > Bitesize imo
Reply 11
one of the earliest exams I took I revised purely from bitesize a couple of days before and got full UMS lol
But that's probably because the teacher was excellent and I just needed to go over things to consolidate them in my head
Thing is you'd need to know the specifics of your course

Quick Reply

Latest