(edited 7 years ago)
You could go LSE with that kind of grades mate
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by lolatmaths

I'm not sure I'd get in, I've heard Full Further Maths is almost a necessity :frown:

But thanks dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
I'm not sure I'd get in, I've heard Full Further Maths is almost a necessity :frown:

But thanks dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah mate, they only see further maths as a 4th subject. You have AS further maths and that's perfect enough. I recommend you look up the stalking LSE page to see what others enter with.

If not LSE, you can deffo get into somewhere like UCL or Warwick. But yes, you'd comfortably get an offer in Bath.
Reply 4
Nah mate, they only see further maths as a 4th subject. You have AS further maths and that's perfect enough. I recommend you look up the stalking LSE page to see what others enter with.

If not LSE, you can deffo get into somewhere like UCL or Warwick. But yes, you'd comfortably get an offer in Bath.

Thanks, I looked on the LSE stalking page and soo many people had Further Maths A2 so I got a bit disheartened,

Are you a student or doing A levels by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I looked on the LSE stalking page and soo many people had Further Maths A2 so I got a bit disheartened,

Are you a student or doing A levels by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

People have it, but remember correlation doesnt mean causation. They have said they see further maths as a 4th subject and in the offer, they ask for an E in further maths. Dont be disheartened at all. In fact, AS further maths puts you at a certain advantage since you have more to offer and that mathematical aptitude.

Yes, im an A level student, 1st year

lol I got 11A* in GCSE and predicted 5A* for a-level (including f maths), still got rejected by lse econ..
Original post by HangeeTw
lol I got 11A* in GCSE and predicted 5A* for a-level (including f maths), still got rejected by lse econ..

that doesn't mean the other bloke couldn't get in. The thing with LSE, and especially for economics, is that while some grades (but not the OP's) are a guarantee of rejection, there are no grades that guarantee success.
Original post by cambio wechsel
that doesn't mean the other bloke couldn't get in. The thing with LSE, and especially for economics, is that while some grades (but not the OP's) are a guarantee of rejection, there are no grades that guarantee success.

thats true, they weight quite heavily on personal statements
Reply 9
thats true, they weight quite heavily on personal statements

Sorry to hear about your rejection ( I sort of feel that I will be in your shoes in a year or so!) do you have any idea why you were rejected? Because you're so strong on paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to hear about your rejection ( I sort of feel that I will be in your shoes in a year or so!) do you have any idea why you were rejected? Because you're so strong on paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

personal statement i guess (stated in the rejection email) :P make sure u write an outstanding one!
Really? It seems like you're patronising OP...

hmm my bad then if it appears to be so
hmm my bad then if it appears to be so

Im sorry for being rude too, i realised that was totally uncalled for, hope you're doing well and good luck
Hi! Sorry this is unrelated, but I'm in a very similar situation as you- slightly less A* at GCSE but an extra AS, hopefully same grades in the summer- I'm applying to Oxford but am realistically really hopeful for Bath. Are you picking the AS up this year? (:

Quick Reply