The Student Room Group

My mock exams are coming and I'm really scared

Basically I have social anxiety and I am scared to go into the exam room!! I'm scared that I mighr just walk in Start crying and then walk out. What should I do?? Has this ever happened to you?? Please help ❤️❤️

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Lacey125
Basically I have social anxiety and I am scared to go into the exam room!! I'm scared that I mighr just walk in Start crying and then walk out. What should I do?? Has this ever happened to you?? Please help ❤️❤️

Hi :smile: First of all remember that these are just mocks! If you end up messing them up a bit it doesn't matter in the slightest! Regarding the hall situation, have you spoken to someone about it? Have you done exams in there before?

You are doing mocks- you're bloody lucky! Just wait until you do your REAL GCSE'S!
Reply 3
Original post by luciie
Hi :smile: First of all remember that these are just mocks! If you end up messing them up a bit it doesn't matter in the slightest! Regarding the hall situation, have you spoken to someone about it? Have you done exams in there before?

Hi ❤️ Who should I speak to omg I'm so scared
Bit early for mocks isn't it?
Reply 5
Hi ❤️ Who should I speak to omg I'm so scared

Do you have any teachers you could mention it to? Or maybe bring it up with your parents and they could talk to your school about it?
Original post by Rhythmical

:rofl:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
:rofl:

Wish I had mocks at this time, instead I have the real ****ing thing. Hey do you think OP is told they are having mocks but instead does the real thing lol? Happened to me before. :laugh:
Wish I had mocks at this time, instead I have the real ****ing thing. Hey do you think OP is told they are having mocks but instead does the real thing lol? Happened to me before. :laugh:

That'd just be cruel...

:eek3: Hope the exam still went well! :hugs:

If she is in yr10 she will doing mocks post half term- so in June/July.
That'd just be cruel...

:eek3: Hope the exam still went well! :hugs:

It was only Media Studies lol and I got a C and I took the exam a year early lol. In year 11 I did a BTEC exam in it and got a Distinction! :biggrin:

That is horrible! What exam was this?
Original post by sunshine774
If she is in yr10 she will doing mocks post half term- so in June/July.

Maybe yeah but would they have mocks specifically created as it's the new GCSE spec?
That is horrible! What exam was this?

Erm Media which was extremely easy but I think it happened to be in year 9 when I took my GCSE science exam early for some reason.
Maybe yeah but would they have mocks specifically created as it's the new GCSE spec?

Good point! I am not sure if they have or if they just give them older papers?
Good point! I am not sure if they have or if they just give them older papers?

Wouldn't that be hard to mark given the mark schemes will have changed, it's all harder and the grading system has completely changed?
It was only Media Studies lol and I got a C and I took the exam a year early lol. In year 11 I did a BTEC exam in it and got a Distinction! :biggrin:

That's good, at least. Well done! :hugs:
That's good, at least. Well done! :hugs:

Lol its the least proudest achievement I like to own up to haha! But thanks :biggrin: what was strange that I took a GCSE Science exam in year 9, an actual real one that I also was told was a mock. :frown:
Lol its the least proudest achievement I like to own up to haha! But thanks :biggrin: what was strange that I took a GCSE Science exam in year 9, an actual real one that I also was told was a mock. :frown:

:rofl: I don't know what's wrong with your school. :mmm:

shouldn't it be the other way around? They should tell you that your mocks are the real things instead of the opposite so that people actually revise, unless your school wants bad results :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest