The Student Room Group

Help! My Private English Tutor is a sexual predator

No Joke.

Basically, it all started in October where a friend at school gave me his contact so I could get English tutoring because he was apparently good at his job. On the first session he taught the subject very well but he did seem really shady, even my parents were suspicious.

The main reason why he seemed odd was because he said that he stopped teaching English at a really good school- without any explanation as for why he stopped and also because he said he was divorced. At first I thought he stopped teaching because his wife (who also taught at the school) had divorced him so he just wanted to move away from her.

But a few months later I started to get even more suspicious because he started to seem very unprofessional in terms of behaviour (don’t worry nothing sexual just odd) he also taught the subject very well though. So one day I typed his name on the internet and basically I found a webpage from gov.uk that explained he got fired from teaching because he raped one of his students so yeah I got an impression that he was a rapist.

I didn’t tell anyone about his background because he never did anything sexual to me because he was straight thank god. And primarily because I wanted to get the best teaching for my subject: English. So I never asked him about his background and kept it a secret. Also because I thought he was a good guy who probably changed his behaviour since then. So I never told anyone.

But two weeks before my English literature exam (2 weeks ago) he missed al lthe tutoring sessions and I wasn’t able to get in contact with him. I thought it was probably because he was busy or something so I just did the exams without any tuition. I’m not sure if other students (3-4) from my school whoare also tutored by him have not gotten contact with him either.

So today I was a bit concerned so I decided to type his name on the internet just to see if maybe he actually did something And guess what??? Apparently a week ago, on the news he molested one of his students and is now in jail….

What should I do?? Should I tell my parents + the other students in my school who are tutored by him about his past + recent events? Or should I keep quiet?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

WTF! Definitely tell someone, at least your parents! That's so creepy
Neither. You should be the predator instead, give him competition and beat him at his own game. Then piss on him to show dominance.
0/10, you should be shot for trolling
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
What's his name? Private message it to me. Think that's the guy tutoring my friend...
Tell someone at least your friends who were also tutored by him they deserve to know.
You really should tell your parents and his students... they have the right to know this kind of information about the tutor theyve hired...
Dw there are other better tutors out there :smile:
If he's in jail why do you need help?
Reply 8
I feel like, you should hear his side of the story first

Maybe he has a twin or the govt is actually lying about him like they do about Julian Assange
I'm **** scared though because he knows were I live and if tell people I would get in trouble
Original post by JamesN88
If he's in jail why do you need help?

Wouldn't you get freaked out knowing that someone you know is a rapist? And being the only person who knows?
Original post by niv1234
Tell someone at least your friends who were also tutored by him they deserve to know.

I will but I can only contact them after the holiday :frown:
Original post by shohaib712
So one day I typed his name on the internet and basically I found a webpage from gov.uk that explained he got fired from teaching because he raped one of his students so yeah I got an impression that he was a rapist.

Well no **** sherlock
The guy's in prison.
Wouldn't you get freaked out knowing that someone you know is a rapist? And being the only person who knows?

It's creepy af but I wouldn't worry about it.

It's not like you'll be booking any more tuition when he gets out of jail. To answer your original post I would definitely tell the other people who had tuition with him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamesN88
The guy's in prison.

Yeah according to the report, a few months
I'm **** scared though because he knows were I live and if tell people I would get in trouble

keep a Rapex condom with you at all times
Original post by Steelmeat
keep a Rapex condom with you at all times

WTF
Reply 18
why would you keep quiet?
WTF

at least keep yourself safe

Quick Reply

Latest