The Student Room Group

Assumptions people make about you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm fairly sure many think I'm lesbian because I've never dated someone :redface:

I feel you (emotionally. Even my own parents are convinced that I am a closet gay :unimpressed: Most of my friends are always up and about courting (especially during the summer), whereas I genuinely am not interesting in flirting with random strangers so I deliberately decline all their invitations to go out.
that i'm calm about everything
that im dumb
that i am super optimistic because i hide all of the different thoughts i have in my super active brain which never stops thinking about anything through a large smile
that i'm sweet :colone:

Spoiler

That I'm a bad guy... and the one's where my expression apparently makes me look thick AF... I've also been asked if I play rugby a lot... ;-; I don't even watch it...
Original post by homeland.lsw
That I'm a gypsy, or a thief, or a crook...:h:

Wait, you're not?
Original post by Imperion
Wait, you're not?

:fuhrer:
Original post by homeland.lsw
:fuhrer:

:mmm: Even more convinced :teehee:
People always assume I'm straight because I'm really feminine but I'm actually a lesbian. The struggle is so real :lol:
That i'm arrogant, and that i'm italian/greek/spanish.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Well, people often think I'm a complete bitch because of my "RBF" face. Also people think I'm a pretty open person, generally because I know and have dealt with a lot of things for my age so therefore I choose to keep them private rather than common things to keep private. Hope I didn't confuse you with that one.

You kinda did. :tongue:

But I see now from Little Popcorn's question.
Arab/White.

Spoiler

Original post by hezzlington
That i'm arrogant

Are you really humble?
Original post by champ_mc99
Are you really humble?

Not really.
That I'm a good person who has never done anything wrong.
Original post by hezzlington
Not really.

Haha good answer.

People assume I'm arrogant. ME!? I'm probably the most humble guy on this site!
That i will stab them:colonhash:
I'm dumb but yet intellectually and academically smart. I'm 'posh'. That I'm boring (although give it a few days of getting to know them and they'll find me extremely funny) and of course... argumentative
Original post by mghanduri
As a Muslim, I find that people get out of their way to avoid me. Even in my classes, where I am the top student. I can't blame them for that though. I can understand why.

Never had the same experience, you sure it's not something else? Maybe because you consider yourself to be the top student?
A lot of people on this site in the past have assumed I'm angry in my responses.
Not entirely sure why the vast majority of the time, since when I compare the way I write to the way some of the other people commenting write I can't see a discernible difference.

Oh well.
People usually assume that I am stuck up or just plain rude because I'm quite closed-off when I meet new people but I open up pretty easily if you're nice enough. They also, quite frequently, assume that I am self-obsessed or a "bimbo" because - I guess you can say - I'm into make up, dress quite nicely and care about my appearance. But I also value intelligence and education. I really hate the notion of judging people before we know much about them but I guess it's human nature seeing as everyone does it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending