The Student Room Group

Is it ok to bully a bully?

Poll

Is bullying a bully ok?

In your opinion is it ok to bully or be nasty to someone who themselves is a bully or complete *******? I'm not talking someone who's a bit socially inept and doesn't understand what they're doing, I'm talking about someone who's just a pure ******* for no real reason.

Scroll to see replies

It might seem harsh but I don't think it is unacceptable - I won't blame someone for bullying a bully, especially if it is in retaliation. I might even encourage it. :redface:
Reply 2
Yes. Defend yourself- never refuse to stand up against your oppresser. **** him up.
this 1min video says it all.

[video="youtube;fvGgRchBHnE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvGgRchBHnE[/video]
I don't think it's right.
Reply 5
Standing up to a bully isn't bullying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No its a ridiculous idea... given most bullies do it because they were/are bullied and are 'paying it forward' it'll do nothing more than to perpetuate the cycle. This being said i have no qualms about someone standing up for the victim and brushing his teeth with a brick once, to serve as a deterrant..
Reply 7
Original post by RobML
Standing up to a bully isn't bullying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Standing up to someone isnt but bullying a bully is as thats what the OP said..
Reply 8
Is it okay to murder a murderer?

Just bc someone behaves in a manner which is unacceptable, doesn't mean that you should too. - Especially if you know how much it hurt when it happened to you. It may feel like they deserve it, but sometimes you've just got to be the better person.

Plus, I don't believe in revenge.
No because that makes you a bully too. Standing up for yourself if you are being bullied is fine obviously, but that's not bullying because for bullying there needs to be a power imbalance that is exploited.
Reply 10
My dad's always taught me to hit back if someone hits, but never to provoke or throw the first punch or whatever.
I guess that's reasonable...
Reply 11
Original post by Anon_98
Is it okay to murder a murderer?

Just bc someone behaves in a manner which is unacceptable, doesn't mean that you should too. - Especially if you know how much it hurt when it happened to you. It may feel like they deserve it, but sometimes you've just got to be the better person.

Plus, I don't believe in revenge.

well it aint murder m8 ...
No, it's not okay to bully anyone.
Reply 13
Original post by Proxenus
this 1min video says it all.

that lady seems ****ing insane x_X
Original post by Napp
No its a ridiculous idea... given most bullies do it because they were/are bullied and are 'paying it forward' it'll do nothing more than to perpetuate the cycle. This being said i have no qualms about someone standing up for the victim and brushing his teeth with a brick once, to serve as a deterrant..

I do think that claim isn't always true to be quite honest. At least in my experience - and that of people I know, it has never been the case.
Nope definitely is not, bullying is bullying whether you do it to a bully and is unacceptable.
Reply 16
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I do think that claim isn't always true to be quite honest. At least in my experience - and that of people I know, it has never been the case.

I should note i said most not all.
Reply 17
Original post by Anon_98
No, but it's based on the same principle.

Yes but murder is illegal. If someone harrasses you for an extended period of time, WOULD not leave you alone no matter what and is making your life hell by physically and verbally abusing you on a regular basis I think you're well within your rights to slap some sense into them. You can't ignore something if it's following you around everywhere. Sometimes a taste of your own medicine will help you see what an ******* you are.
It doesn't make you any better of a person.
Reply 19
Seems like a lot of people don't get the distinction between bullying and standing up for yourself. It's okay to retaliate and stand up for yourself to a bully but it's not okay to persist with attacking/bullying him, otherwise, it's just a reversal of roles.

Quick Reply

Latest