The Student Room Group

why do people think this about veganism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MotorboatMyGoat
Are you going to add any use to this argument, or carry on pathetically insulting vegans..

As you appear to be unwilling to accept the clear links between veganism and animal rights terrorism there is little point trying to convince your out of your delusion .
Original post by zippyRN
As you appear to be unwilling to accept the clear links between veganism and animal rights terrorism there is little point trying to convince your out of your delusion .

You saying the 500,000 British vegans are all or even mostly terrorists, you are ridiculous.
Because you'd have to plan a lot to make the food cheap, good tasting and healthy. It's certainly easier to not be vegan.

Original post by Gwilym101
Some fruit and veg are very expensive. Tesco costs for a kg of Carrots £1.43, a kg of Asparagus £16.

Lots of restaurants don't do vegan options, they might do vegetarian and could upon request convert to vegan but not all.

I picked up carrots in Tesco for 45pkg^-1 earlier: roughly what it is most of the time. I wouldn't know about asparagus, but apparently you can get it for £6.60kg^-1. Some fruit and veg is pretty expensive and some is really cheap.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=carrots&icid=tescohp_sws-1_carrots
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=asparagus&newSort=true&search=Search
Original post by zippyRN

So by your logic, there is also a 'clear link' between Muslims and terrorism, and white middle aged men and paedophilia? Just because less than 0.01% of so called Muslims are terrorists and hundreds (probably more) of paedophiles are white middle aged men? You're clearly trying to stereotype all vegans as animal rights terrorists when the vast majority have never been involved.
Original post by RF_PineMarten

I've heard stuff about rainforests and greenhouse gas, but I'd like a citation for "largest contributor to species extinction", especially given many extinctions have multiple factors involved and you can't always point to one and say it was the main cause.

http://listverse.com/2015/11/25/10-negative-effects-the-meat-industry-has-on-the-world/
http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/08/17/3692194/meat-eaters-species-extinction-study/
You saying the 500,000 British vegans are all or even mostly terrorists, you are ridiculous.

you are the only person who has said that.
Original post by fannehh
So by your logic, there is also a 'clear link' between Muslims and terrorism, and white middle aged men and paedophilia? Just because less than 0.01% of so called Muslims are terrorists and hundreds (probably more) of paedophiles are white middle aged men? You're clearly trying to stereotype all vegans as animal rights terrorists when the vast majority have never been involved.

I would suspect you will find that a considerably larger proportion of vegans have

1. taken in part in direct action
2. given money to extremist causes
3. shopped in stores which support animal rights terrorism e.g. Lush

the percentage figures for active involvement will be far larger, as for the fellow travellers and useful idiots i think this thread is demonstrating this more than amply.
Original post by zippyRN
I would suspect you will find that a considerably larger proportion of vegans have

1. taken in part in direct action
2. given money to extremist causes
3. shopped in stores which support animal rights terrorism e.g. Lush

the percentage figures for active involvement will be far larger, as for the fellow travellers and useful idiots i think this thread is demonstrating this more than amply.

Have you got any proof for this bs, or are you gonna carry on spewing out pure horse $hit.

Wtf do these 'vegan terrorists' even do
Original post by BasingstokeBoy
A 2 month old baby walking would be unnatural in itself

What's 'natural' about drinking another species titty milk?
Hypocrite.
You can read the first pages, I only see insults from meat eaters

I did not, and will not, insult vegans because of their beliefs/lifestyle.

I only object to sanctimonious, quasi-religious, condescending, judgemental ***** like you, who are the reason vegans get a bad reputation.
What's 'natural' about drinking another species titty milk?
Hypocrite.

All milk derives from mammary glands or breasts/titties to you. Why do you (for the second time) try to sexualise milk other than to try to insult people?
Original post by Herbiechester
All milk derives from mammary glands or breasts/titties to you. Why do you (for the second time) try to sexualise milk other than to try to insult people?

It's almost as bad as calling chicken eggs periods, I face palm at that every time.
I did not, and will not, insult vegans because of their beliefs/lifestyle.

I only object to sanctimonious, quasi-religious, condescending, judgemental ***** like you, who are the reason vegans get a bad reputation.

I didn't say you did. And then you go onto contradict yourself..
Reply 133
It baffles me... i mean Bacon, pork/lamb chops, burgers, steaks, veal just... nope sorry cant see it.

Jesus Christ wtf are you on about. How did I sexualise it. It's perfectly natural to drink breast milk from your own species. That was the point I was trying to make..
That's because they are...

Nope. Periods or the correct term "menstrual cycle" or "menstruation" are only present in a select number of mammalian species. Birds do not have a menstrual cycle.

I am completely fine with vegans and vegetarians posing reasons as to why they are against farming and the eating of meat and other animal products a long with the use of other animal by products. And I can agree largely with many of their points.

But when they have to resort to calling udders "titties" or eggs periods and other ridiculous naming of things I cannot take them seriously because it just shows how uneducated they are.

By all means argue for veganism, but at least don't say silly things in an attempt at anthropomorphising animals and gross people out. It's childish and loses you credibility.
You are still eating an unfertilised egg. That's why vegans say period because it is a good analogy.

How does saying titties instead of udders make me "uneducated"

A period isn't an unfertilised egg it's the shedding of the uterine lining. So not a good analogy at all. It shouldn't even need an analogy.

Probably because physiologically udders and human breasts are quite different.

And the fact you feel a need to even call them something else shows you feel the need to anthropomorphise the animals in order to show your point. You shouldn't need to do this at all if your points are valid.

So like I said. Feel free to argue the facts and your stance. But saying things like the above does make you appear stupid and it makes people switch off and not want to listen to you. So if you care so much about getting through to people so they become vegan maybe you should try talking rationally and not anthropomorphising animals and throwing around silly analogies that are not necessary in the first place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Because a lot of vegans are idiots

Like wtf even is this? Disgusting comparison.

Original post by HamzahPatel
I just feel dearly sorry for them.

looking dapper there bud, what do you aspire to do as a career?
Original post by SophieSmall
A period isn't an unfertilised egg it's the shedding of the uterine lining. So not a good analogy at all. It shouldn't even need an analogy.

Probably because physiologically udders and human breasts are quite different.

And the fact you feel a need to even call them something else shows you feel the need to anthropomorphise the animals in order to show your point. You shouldn't need to do this at all if your points are valid.

So like I said. Feel free to argue the facts and your stance. But saying things like the above does make you appear stupid and it makes people switch off and not want to listen to you. So if you care so much about getting through to people so they become vegan maybe you should try talking rationally and not anthropomorphising animals and throwing around silly analogies that are not necessary in the first place.

I disagree. They are both excreted during the menstrual cycle. Titties and udders are both mammary glands.

How can you be rational with people like this
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Because a lot of vegans are idiots

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending