The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE MATHS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sulaimanali
its never gone below 155 nor higher than 165/167 for the past 4-5 years

I have a feeling it will be around 170 this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that this is not relevant to the thread but I'm just gonna say that the last question was worth the same amount of marks as the first one.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I have a feeling it will be around 170 this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I highly, highly doubt that. It was not an easy paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Alisha*
Why were some people complaining in another thread then lol.

I don't know, but generally if you compare this years paper with last years, last years was more difficult. Also that's a good thing! lol the grade boundaries will be lower then.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by claire_22
A* grade boundary is generally between 155-168 ish.
Based on the unofficial mark scheme I think I've dropped about 5 marks (2 on a really stupid mistake that I'm annoyed at myself about). Anyway, I'm really happy because I'm less worried for the calculator now. I have to get an A* at gcse to do further maths A level at this school I want to go to, so I've been worried that I wouldn't get it.

Same i want to do further maths as well! but i think i dropped 10 marks!!
Original post by ameenatariq
Same i want to do further maths as well! but i think i dropped 10 marks!!

That's okay! I think you'll need to get like more than 70 on calculator to get an A* overall.
Original post by claire_22
That's okay! I think you'll need to get like more than 70 on calculator to get an A* overall.

I'm aiming for full marks on the second paper to be secure!
Reply 27
I'm aiming for full marks on the second paper to be secure!

How are you revising for the calculator paper?
Original post by tgriff
How are you revising for the calculator paper?

I'm not really revising because for the past month we've been doing past papers in class and have had like 5 mocks.
Reply 29
I'm not really revising because for the past month we've been doing past papers in class and have had like 5 mocks.

Yeah, I just wondering because I've done all the past papers on the Edexcel website - but I feel as though they are too easy for me to do again as the GCSE paper is getting much harder and the calculator paper is normally harder than the non-calculator.

And I don't know where to find all the A/A* resources. :flower2::nyan:

I wasn't sure if that was just me...
I don't know, but generally if you compare this years paper with last years, last years was more difficult. Also that's a good thing! lol the grade boundaries will be lower then.

People were saying this years GCSEs were harder than A levels...:s-smilie:
Original post by chrlhyms
Im hoping for an A too, think i ****ed up a bit making stupid mistakes on the non calc which im really angry about, but an A has been from 125-140
Original post by tgriff
Yeah, me too. I made really silly mistakes in the exam - and I don't normally make those mistakes. I think it was mainly the stress and pressure. Hopefully, the calculator will be better :s-smilie:

Same! I would love an A, but I'm content with a B considering I started this year off with a D lol. I made some stupid mistakes - two way table, circle theorems, tree diagram... The list goes on :frown:

I counted on the leaked paper thing that I got around 67 which I'm happy with, but I was estimating the amount of method marks I was getting so it's give or take 67... It's probably not an A, so I'm doing every single past paper this half term, literally gonna work my butt off.
Reply 32
Original post by romansholiday
Same! I would love an A, but I'm content with a B considering I started this year off with a D lol. I made some stupid mistakes - two way table, circle theorems, tree diagram... The list goes on :frown:

I counted on the leaked paper thing that I got around 67 which I'm happy with, but I was estimating the amount of method marks I was getting so it's give or take 67... It's probably not an A, so I'm doing every single past paper this half term, literally gonna work my butt off.

Yeah, when I count my marks I always have a range without method marks and with method marks. I need this A man because my life kinda depends on it.
Original post by Rajive
Yeah, when I count my marks I always have a range without method marks and with method marks. I need this A man because my life kinda depends on it.

Why does your life depend on it haha?
Reply 34
Why does your life depend on it haha?

Because if I can't do it at a level, then I can't do my intended degree? See what I mean.
Original post by Rajive
Because if I can't do it at a level, then I can't do my intended degree? See what I mean.

Ah I see, at my sixth form that let kids with Bs get onto the Maths A Level course... :s-smilie:
Reply 36
Ah I see, at my sixth form that let kids with Bs get onto the Maths A Level course... :s-smilie:

That's a bit low, if my school had a sixth form, I wouldn't go to it.
So I think I got 89/90 marks on the maths non calculator paper, is this okay because I want to get an A* overall?!

This guy is a major troll...Sure you did mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DatSmartGuy
This guy is a major troll...Sure you did mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? I know a few people with 100%...it's not hard??? Personally, if I don't lose marks for method, I've only dropped 2 marks overall on the question where you plot some line.
Original post by tgriff
Yeah, I just wondering because I've done all the past papers on the Edexcel website - but I feel as though they are too easy for me to do again as the GCSE paper is getting much harder and the calculator paper is normally harder than the non-calculator.

And I don't know where to find all the A/A* resources. :flower2::nyan:

I wasn't sure if that was just me...

I usually find non calculator harder than calculator lol.

Quick Reply

Latest