The Student Room Group

Is size 8/10 chubby for someone who is 5"3?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georginarowley
Those are completely normal sizes, I'm a size 10 and only 5 ft and I've never felt like that is overweight. I do go running but it's mostly to maintain this size. If youvwant to excersise, go for but don't feel like you have to .
xx

Thank you, I think I'll try to exercise a bit more but it's good to know that most people on here don't think that I sound chubby. :smile:
Reply 21
I'm exactly the same, I'm 5'2 and I'm an 8 sometimes a 10, think most of it depends on your body shape like if you're curvy, have a big bust etc. But don't feel chubby!! It's a completely normal size for your height!
Any other opinions from guys? Would you date someone who was that size and height? Or would you prefer it if they were a size 4 (0) or size 6?
Reply 23
no i'm 17, 5'1, and have previously been underweight, my doctor made me gain weight until i was size 8 although my hips and thighs can make me a size 10 and i don't look unhealthy or too big in the slightest. anyway it doesnt matter, if you feel too fat lose weight, if you want to be bigger gain it! but in no means is there a NEED for you to lose weight
Original post by xdaisy
I'm exactly the same, I'm 5'2 and I'm an 8 sometimes a 10, think most of it depends on your body shape like if you're curvy, have a big bust etc. But don't feel chubby!! It's a completely normal size for your height!

Thank you, yes the comments on this thread have been mostly reassuring. I'm probably just being stupid and I know you shouldn't care so much about that sort of thing. It's just that I know several girls that are that size or even thinner and quite a lot taller than me and lots of girls my height seem to be really really skinny! It's difficult being small cause I kind of feel that I should be extra thin to look good at my height. The problem for me is that I always used to be naturally really thin and this is the heaviest I've ever been so I just feel pretty chubby comparatively cause all my clothes are getting too small recently. :frown:
Original post by dnr_23
no i'm 17, 5'1, and have previously been underweight, my doctor made me gain weight until i was size 8 although my hips and thighs can make me a size 10 and i don't look unhealthy or too big in the slightest. anyway it doesnt matter, if you feel too fat lose weight, if you want to be bigger gain it! but in no means is there a NEED for you to lose weight

Yeah, that's sort of the problem for me. I've been underweight in the past but naturally so it's what I'm used to so since this is the first time I've put on weight it just makes me feel a lot bigger than I should be if you know what I mean. :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
So, presuming you're straight, would you only date girls that were size 6?

My partner is size 8 but 5'6. At your height I'd only be looking at 6 and below really.
I think it is.
Reply 28
Yeah, that's sort of the problem for me. I've been underweight in the past but naturally so it's what I'm used to so since this is the first time I've put on weight it just makes me feel a lot bigger than I should be if you know what I mean. :s-smilie:

i really feel you but honestly its easier than you think to learn to love the new and bigger you
dont weigh yourself
dont force yourself to try clothes you know will be too small
my friend literally doesnt have an ounce of fat on her body but is a size 10 because her figure is naturally wide, other friends look really chubby but are like a size 6, anyway, this is super petty and i dont understand why people still care when you could be like studying and changing the world lol just go work and meet intelligent people who dont care about if you look slightly chubby or not
Girl I want to gain....but can't. I have been the same weight for over 5 years now....40-41 kg.

Soooo unhappy about it :frown:
Original post by Jebedee
My partner is size 8 but 5'6. At your height I'd only be looking at 6 and below really.

Okay, thank you for being honest. You obviously like really thin girls then. Below a size 6? Do you mean size 4 cause there is no size below that in the UK and even size 4s are hard to find?
Original post by Trapz99
I think it is.

So would you only date girls that were size 4 or size 6 then?
Original post by dnr_23
i really feel you but honestly its easier than you think to learn to love the new and bigger you
dont weigh yourself
dont force yourself to try clothes you know will be too small
my friend literally doesnt have an ounce of fat on her body but is a size 10 because her figure is naturally wide, other friends look really chubby but are like a size 6, anyway, this is super petty and i dont understand why people still care when you could be like studying and changing the world lol just go work and meet intelligent people who dont care about if you look slightly chubby or not

Thanks, yes I'm sure you're right. Yeah I've always been terrible at that! I've always tried to get the smallest size I can in whatever item of clothing it is when I go shopping. Most of my current clothes are size 6 with a few size 8s but they're definitely getting too small now so I'll have to go clothes shopping soon and get probably some size 8s and some size 10s and I'm really not looking forward to trying clothes on in the changing rooms. I usually shop in shops like Topshop and lots of people who shop there seem to be so skinny! I know you shouldn't care and actually I never talk about this sort of thing in real life hence the anonymous thread on here. If you met me in real life I'm actually much more interested in school/university stuff, science, politics etc. I've only started to get worried about this recently because as I said this is the first time I've put on weight and I probably kind of took being skinny for granted before.
Girl I want to gain....but can't. I have been the same weight for over 5 years now....40-41 kg.

Soooo unhappy about it :frown:

Really? Swap haha. 40-41 kg is very light, how tall and old are you if you don't mind me asking? Don't be unhappy, I'm sure you look lovely! Everyone will be jealous of you! :smile:
Looking back at the thread, all the girls on here think it's fine but the guys think it is too chubby. :s-smilie:
Not at all. You're about average height, size eight to ten is perfect.
im 5'3 and i weight 8.3! no its not bloody chubby! and iv had 3 kids!!
So, presuming you're straight, would you only date girls that were size 6?
I'm 5"3, 15 yr old and a size 10. I usually get size 10 bc of my chest however I think you're fine. Just do some cardio here and there (Dance is recommended bc it'll make you feel better)
Okay, thank you for being honest. You obviously like really thin girls then. Below a size 6? Do you mean size 4 cause there is no size below that in the UK and even size 4s are hard to find?

Like I said it depends on height as that makes the biggest difference. A 5'11 girl at size 12 is also fairly slim. I don't date British girls so it isn't really an issue for me.
Ignore Jebedee. I'm not saying his preferences aren't valid, everyone has them. But you shouldn't let one person's opinions define how you feel. Just because you're not skinny enough for him, doesn't mean you're not a good size.

Ultimately: are you healthy? If no, then make a change. Are you happy? If you want to loose weight, and can whilst still being healthy, then go ahead! But until you learn to love yourself, no matter what you do or buy, you won't feel good enough. You have to remember that there's so much more to you that a clothing size.

For the record: I'm 18, 5ft3 and size 8/10 on top, size 10/12 bottom, and I think around 8 stone. My body is by no means "perfect", but I can't change it. On the other hand, I'm a straight A student and good at cooking, so everyone has something! Even more importantly, I'm healthy, I don't have some sort of illness I can't control or life circumstance which suck. So focus on the positive :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending