The Student Room Group

He can't commit?

We were friends before and basically he just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship, long distance relationship.

Since then (about 3 weeks/a month) we have been spending a lot of time together, he will even sometimes come to see me instead of his friends and make time for me and stuff.

However he said he does fancy me etc, but can't commit.

I haven't and won't sleep with him, as i would only do so if i was in a relationship, and he knows this.

I don't want to get hurt, but i do like him and he wants to keep spending time with me.

What should i do?
Just be friends and dont sleep with him. He's not ready or not that into you.
Dont be surprised if he says he does commit, he sleeps with you and then it fizzles out.
If you do sleep with him do it on the basis that it might not work out and dont overly rely on what he says.
Reply 2
If you're going to continue hanging out, set clear boundaries. He sounds like hes on the rebound but doesnt want to hurt you, hence has made it clear hes not ready. But if you carry on seeing him, he might see it as a sign and make a move. Stand your ground about not sleeping with him, it sounds like it'd hurt you if it did end up happening. Or straight up tell him that nothing will go further than this
Reply 3
Original post by lousmithy

Spoiler

What do you want to happen? For him to change his mind? He won't do that unless there's a reason to.

It depends on what you value. If you value not getting hurt above all else, then you shouldn't take any risks with this person. If you like him and want to sleep with him then you might want to reconsider your viewpoint. If you don't need to sleep with him then continue the way things are.

It all depends how much you like him and how willing you are to get what you want.
Reply 4
Lay your cards on the table.

Tell him that you really like him, and that you want to spend more time with him. But, if he's not willing to commit, then the road ends here. You don't want to waste your time and develop your feelings for someone who doesn't have the same agenda as you. Be firm, and walk away with your head held high if he's not willing to to commit. Making him realise that you're not going no to be messed around might make him think differently.

Respect to him for being honest with you tbh, a lot of guys would continue to reel you in and let you develop feelings for them only to let you go and leave you heart broken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending