The Student Room Group

ELECTIVE - Phones and Insurance

Hi guys, so I am leaving for India in less than 2 weeks and just have some final questions.

This may sound stupid, but typical travel insurance, alongside medical school insurance and indemnity cover is all I need right? Also, I am in India for 3 months, is a single trip for that duration the right way to go, or can I get cheaper insurance cover?

And finally, for anyone from UK who has been to India, what is the best international sim card to get? Is Matrix trustworthy? It seems mixed in reviews...

Thanks!
Yes that is the insurance you need.

The visa can get complicated, especially for India. I assume you have that sorted already though right?

I buy phones in the country I'm going to. You can always buy them at the airport. For contacting the UK, use the internet (obviously).
Original post by NinjaRikki
Hi guys, so I am leaving for India in less than 2 weeks and just have some final questions.

This may sound stupid, but typical travel insurance, alongside medical school insurance and indemnity cover is all I need right? Also, I am in India for 3 months, is a single trip for that duration the right way to go, or can I get cheaper insurance cover?

And finally, for anyone from UK who has been to India, what is the best international sim card to get? Is Matrix trustworthy? It seems mixed in reviews...

Thanks!

Yeah for insurance you want single trip insurance as usually multi trip is for multiple trips less than 30 days.

Quick Reply