The Student Room Group

I love Starvation.

Now, this is something that still baffles but nonetheless it has to be addressed. No matter how many articles are published or how many campaigns rise, this is a constant thing. We need to stop dieting. No, not a HEALTHY AND BALANCED diet but the diets that ruin your life. For example, water fasting, restricting calories etc. Why? Because your body is suffering or it will suffer if you're thinking about doing it. When you're on any diet, what do you think of? Cakes? Chips? Carbs? Because that's what your body needs. Your body needs fructose (found in fruits) and Glucose to run so why are we restricting ourselves? Because society tells us to and so do doctors. Back in the day, doctors used to tell everyone that it was ok to smoke however now we know that smoking is bad in general.

If you want to be healthy and fit...and happy...this is how. Cut the amount of meat you eat (most diseases and illnesses are animal related so why consume meat?), cut the amount of dairy you eat (milk contains more than 6 million pus cells + are we cows?) and eat a lot of plant-based food. It's not hard if you do your research and over time you will realize that calorie restricting was something you should've never even thought of doing.

EDIT: THE TITLE IS FOR CLICKBAIT. ALSO MOST PEOPLE SAY THEY LOVE DIETING BECAUSE THEY LOVE THE RESULTS THEY GET BUT THEY'RE IN OTHER WORDS SAYING THEY LOVE STARVATION BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING, STARVING THEMSELVES.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

girl u vegan?
Ever wondered you post a lot?
Reply 3
Original post by Rhythmical
Ever wondered you post a lot?
Lmao, I've been told.
Reply 4
Original post by Call Me Juan
girl u vegan?
I don't classify myself as vegan but I eat mostly a plant-based diet :smile:
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Lmao, I've been told.

Think you've become addicted.
Just the usual veggie rant full of unsubstantiated nonsense, then...
Reply 7
Think you've become addicted.
I only started posting yesterday but I think I might become one.
I only started posting yesterday but I think I might become one.

I've seen you around for a few days.
Reply 9
I've seen you around for a few days.

I was mainly looking and commenting on forums earlier this week but constantly posting forums became a thing yesterday.
I was mainly looking and commenting on forums earlier this week but constantly posting forums became a thing yesterday.

You mean threads? TSR is a forum and yeah I just guess I've never seen someone post like four threads within hours of each other.
I'm fairly confident that arguing with OP will be an exercise in futility, but if you eat a plant based diet but don't restrict your calories, you will still not lose weight.
Now, this is something that still baffles but nonetheless it has to be addressed. No matter how many articles are published or how many campaigns rise, this is a constant thing. We need to stop dieting. No, not a HEALTHY AND BALANCED diet but the diets that ruin your life. For example, water fasting, restricting calories etc. Why? Because your body is suffering or it will suffer if you're thinking about doing it. When you're on any diet, what do you think of? Cakes? Chips? Carbs? Because that's what your body needs. Your body needs fructose (found in fruits) and Glucose to run so why are we restricting ourselves? Because society tells us to and so do doctors. Back in the day, doctors used to tell everyone that it was ok to smoke however now we know that smoking is bad in general.

If you want to be healthy and fit...and happy...this is how. Cut the amount of meat you eat (most diseases and illnesses are animal related so why consume meat?), cut the amount of dairy you eat (milk contains more than 6 million pus cells + are we cows?) and eat a lot of plant-based food. It's not hard if you do your research and over time you will realize that calorie restricting was something you should've never even thought of doing.

Seems like people still live in the past eh?

yes we are cows
I love "intellectual" starvation O.O

Given the title of your thread I am a little confused but if you are saying what I think you are then I agree. I don't think fad or massively restrictive diets are good at all. But wouldn't most doctors say the same? Isn't it just gossip magazines which advocate that sort of lifestyle?
You're right in saying that we should eat less meat - it is completely unsustainable, bad for the environment and bad for our health (although a small amount is useful for providing certain proteins and minerals - though these can be found elsewhere). I deeply respect you for making an effort to improve the planet.

But seriously though, what the hell is that title!? Starvation is awful!
Reply 17
Original post by The Joker ~
I love "intellectual" starvation O.O
What?
Reply 18
Original post by TimGB
You're right in saying that we should eat less meat - it is completely unsustainable, bad for the environment and bad for our health (although a small amount is useful for providing certain proteins and minerals - though these can be found elsewhere). I deeply respect you for making an effort to improve the planet.

But seriously though, what the hell is that title!? Starvation is awful!
The title is for clickbait lol. Also, most people nowadays say they love dieting and the results they get but they're basically stating they love starvation because that's what they're doing, starving themselves.
Original post by BristolFresher15
I'm fairly confident that arguing with OP will be an exercise in futility, but if you eat a plant based diet but don't restrict your calories, you will still not lose weight.

But you will lose weight generally because you have to eat a lot more plant-based foods (if it's the raw and healthy form) to get the same amount of calories from, say, a fatty steak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending