The Student Room Group

Open Gold DofE

Hey

I completed all the sections for my gold dofe while I was at college but didn't complete the expedition section. I want to finish the award and after speaking to the local area co-ordinator I just need to do my expedition. I'm not part of a group so I'll have to do it as an individual, has anyone else done this? If so where did you do it and did it go okay? Any help and advise appreciated.
Original post by cheese0110
Hey

I completed all the sections for my gold dofe while I was at college but didn't complete the expedition section. I want to finish the award and after speaking to the local area co-ordinator I just need to do my expedition. I'm not part of a group so I'll have to do it as an individual, has anyone else done this? If so where did you do it and did it go okay? Any help and advise appreciated.

Hey!
I'm in a similar position and am in the process of completing Gold expedition- I've done the training and practice expedition and am now waiting to do the qualifying one. I did my practice by canoe in east Anglia and had a fantastic time! I was a bit nervous at first as I was the only girl and was four years older than everyone else, but apart from some minor irritations it went really well - everyone was quite open to getting along :smile: do you have any particular concerns?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending