The Student Room Group

factorising quadratic equations

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1jonam16
Exactly, I think the problem OP has is confidence or something, because I've never seen someone do that much working out. And I agree, you can do most things very quickly in your head.

Ahh yeah :biggrin:
Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh yeah :biggrin:

Do you do edexcel btw?
Do you do edexcel btw?

Nope Wjec :smile: In a2 rn wbu?
Exactly, I think the problem OP has is confidence or something, because I've never seen someone do that much working out. And I agree, you can do most things very quickly in your head.

Looks like it's an introduction to factorising so there's nothing wrong with extra working :cute:
Original post by z_o_e
Just needed help on these questionsX

If it helps here is a method for when you have a number in front of the x^2Snapchat-6381200592790750967.jpg
Reply 65
Original post by xColourReign
If it helps here is a method for when you have a number in front of the x^2Snapchat-6381200592790750967.jpg

Will save this! Thank you very much :yes::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayaz789
Im sure thats gcse stuff?

There are quadratics at as as well??
Original post by RueXO
There are quadratics at as as well??

Yeah i know , but like they are cubics at first right?
Reply 68
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
Reply 70

Heyaa, do you know how to solve these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Heyaa, do you know how to solve these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Snapchat-1815115105911511888.jpgyou should re-arrange the equations in the form y = mx + c and once you do that plot them as a graph... if you don't know how to plot the graph, take for example the y = -x +5
The +5 value is on the y axis. The -x represents how many steps you take (up or down) for example since it's minus I would go from 5 to 4 on the y axis and move 1 across on the x axis. Do this for both lines and where they meet at the centre are your co-ordinates
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
Snapchat-1815115105911511888.jpgyou should re-arrange the equations in the form y = mx + c and once you do that plot them as a graph... if you don't know how to plot the graph, take for example the y = -x +5
The +5 value is on the y axis. The -x represents how many steps you take (up or down) for example since it's minus I would go from 5 to 4 on the y axis and move 1 across on the x axis. Do this for both lines and where they meet at the centre are your co-ordinates

Ohhhh. Thanks X
I did this so far.
Just need a bit of help plotting the points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Ohhhh. Thanks X
I did this so far.
Just need a bit of help plotting the points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you find it easier you can draw the lines by looking at the 5 on the y axis and the 5 on the x axis and drawing a line straight through those points... i kinda over complicated it in my previous post and it may have confused you
Original post by z_o_e
Awh this just made my day X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fine, but where are my manners? for solving the equation terms very well and help me at the same time, you get seven reputation points. Take it!
Reply 75
Original post by Kallisto
Fine, but where are my manners? for solving the equation terms very well and help me at the same time, you get seven reputation points. Take it!

You are so nice!!!!!!
Stop it! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
If you find it easier you can draw the lines by looking at the 5 on the y axis and the 5 on the x axis and drawing a line straight through those points... i kinda over complicated it in my previous post and it may have confused you

Think I'll make a separate thread for this, kind of hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayaz789
Yeah i know , but like they are cubics at first right?
bi have no idea what you're on about? Those are polynomials... Something completely different..
Original post by RueXO
bi have no idea what you're on about? Those are polynomials... Something completely different..

We dont have to solve all this in C1 & C2 ...
Original post by Ayaz789
We dont have to solve all this in C1 & C2 ...

with my exam board you have polynomials in c1, and quadratics in every module in some form or the other

Quick Reply

Latest