The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Business Studies Unit 1 (25 May 2016)

I have my AQA Business unit 1 exam tomorrow... does anyone have any last minute tips or anything that I can use? It's not one of my strongest subjects so I'm really worried about it!! I don't want to fail, I only just got a C in the mock. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

dont stress..! aims & objectives will not be on there as this was asked last year. AQA don't tend to repeat things year in year out so check their recent paper
Reply 2
i have the paper too tomorrow, is there any predicted papers out?
Reply 3
I'm taking it too, good luck guys
yh sme good luck to every one :h:
Reply 5
how do you guys think it went?

i found the 9 mark questions a little vague and the 4 marker on pressure groups a little pointless.
niche market question too wasn't the best.

anyone agrees?
That's exactly what I said when I came out. Very vague on some questions but there were a good few 2 markers. The calculation was £7500
Reply 7
Original post by Jadzy
how do you guys think it went?

i found the 9 mark questions a little vague and the 4 marker on pressure groups a little pointless.
niche market question too wasn't the best.

anyone agrees?

Grade boundaries will be ridiculously high.
Reply 8
Original post by OHamdy
Grade boundaries will be ridiculously high.

don't think so tbh, the 9 marks were too vague for you to be sure if you got the marks, especially knowing how bad the mark schemes are sometimes.
I got 7500 for my answer, is that right?
Original post by caseyforbes11
I got 7500 for my answer, is that right?

yep but you need to put a pound sign haha, I'm not joking either because last year they deducted 1 mark for it...typical AQA
Reply 11
Original post by Jadzy
don't think so tbh, the 9 marks were too vague for you to be sure if you got the marks, especially knowing how bad the mark schemes are sometimes.

Look at the paper as a whole and look at the grade boundaries, there is a clear trend. I think the A will be similar to last year instead of 44 it will possibly be 45 and an A* from 49. This exam should be easy for the A* students, if I didn't find it so difficult then I don't see a reason why anyone would. Bloody cash flow, you must have aced it XD
Original post by OHamdy
Look at the paper as a whole and look at the grade boundaries, there is a clear trend. I think the A will be similar to last year instead of 44 it will possibly be 45 and an A* from 49. This exam should be easy for the A* students, if I didn't find it so difficult then I don't see a reason why anyone would. Bloody cash flow, you must have aced it XD

I agree, overall I think the paper was really good and there weren't any ridiculous questions which I was happy about.
If u did a ton of revision, the exam would be a piece of cake
Original post by OHamdy

Original post by Heena.alia
I agree, overall I think the paper was really good and there weren't any ridiculous questions which I was happy about.

I found it quite easy, but my teacher said it was harder than last year so maybe 45-46 for A*?
Reply 14
Original post by Heena.alia

I agree with you 100% on the revision thing
Reply 15
Original post by 1jonam16
I found it quite easy, but my teacher said it was harder than last year so maybe 45-46 for A*?

What do you think the A will be from?
Original post by OHamdy
What do you think the A will be from?

No clue, what was it last year? Probably 2-3 marks less than that.
Can someone please explain what a market niche is, as we weren't taught it, and i can't find it in the revision guide so I feel like I have lost 6 marks.....
Original post by Guest99999
Can someone please explain what a market niche is, as we weren't taught it, and i can't find it in the revision guide so I feel like I have lost 6 marks.....

Its basically when you aim a product at a gap in the market, and basically where you have no competition. Obviously, no competition means you can sell a lot easier,which would be important to the business considering she had just start her business up (in the context). Secondly, if you have aa product which is market based, such as this one, you can charge higher prices, which leads to greater profits, since targeting something at a gap in the market, means you have a unique product. Tbf for 6 marks it was very dodgy.
Original post by 1jonam16
Its basically when you aim a product at a gap in the market, and basically where you have no competition. Obviously, no competition means you can sell a lot easier,which would be important to the business considering she had just start her business up (in the context). Secondly, if you have aa product which is market based, such as this one, you can charge higher prices, which leads to greater profits, since targeting something at a gap in the market, means you have a unique product. Tbf for 6 marks it was very dodgy.

Thanks, think I got the no competition by pure luck there woo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending