The Student Room Group

My teacher put herself in to sit the GCSE my class is doing.....

What the hell is my teacher thinking???

I would laugh if she failed.

Just seems something creepy about having your teacher take the GCSE with you in the same room of silence.

So anyone else heard of this before?

My teacher teaches a subject without having the GCSE for it, that seems strange as well.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whys she doing that? Can't she just do the paper when it's done if she wants to test herself or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2016_GCSE

Just seems something creepy about having your teacher take the GCSE with you in the same room of silence.

My teacher teaches a subject without having the GCSE for it, that seems strange as well.

hha thats is weird and if she fails that will be very funny to see. and no this is the first time i have even heard of this.
Reply 3
Original post by alana_p
Whys she doing that? Can't she just do the paper when it's done if she wants to test herself or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, May be she want's the actual GCSE so she can seem a proper teacher of the subject she is teaching.
Really awkward if a student beats her (or she fails).
Reply 5
Bizarre but not uncommon, my PE teacher was sat maths with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Fractite
Really awkward if a student beats her (or she fails).

Lol, If student got A* and she got an A
Reply 7
I don't know, May be she want's the actual GCSE so she can seem a proper teacher of the subject she is teaching.

Bit strange though if she's already able to teach it? She's got a bit too much spare time

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is she allowed t teach it if she doesn't already have the GCSE?
Reply 9
Original post by niv1234
How is she allowed t teach it if she doesn't already have the GCSE?

I'm not too sure, I just know she learns what she is having to teach us before a lesson.
I think it's a good idea. If she's teaching a new spec it'll give her a chance to see what the questions are like, how tight for time the exam is and how they mark.
Is she allowed?
Something wrong with your school for hiring her if she hasn't even got GCSEs for the subject she's teaching
Reply 13
Original post by AmyD111
Something wrong with your school for hiring her if she hasn't even got GCSEs for the subject she's teaching

I think my school is on a tight budget, They sacked like 20 teachers last September and replaced them with younger ones.
tbh a teacher can be allocated to teach any subject at all, maybe they've told them they are doing it permanently. so they've decided to get the gcse in it so they feel more confident.
My psychology teacher sat her Psychology AS exam with us last week. I think it's fine - I don't see a problem with it.
She's one of the best teachers I've met so none of us had any complaints towards the school allowing her to teach us.
You're teacher sounds fun
It may be that she already has a GCSE in the subject, but wants to see how a new specification will work out, in terms of timings, question layout, etc - an experience that specimen papers can't always give to you.

Original post by Miniature99
hha thats is weird and if she fails that will be very funny to see. and no this is the first time i have even heard of this.

TBH i know a teacher who teaches statistics at a level and apparently you forget things very quickly in stats if you don't regularly keep on top of it.

so he said that he sat an S4 and got 80% lol which he said was bad for a teacher xD
but yea i'm sure it happens
Reply 19
Original post by celloel
It may be that she already has a GCSE in the subject, but wants to see how a new specification will work out, in terms of timings, question layout, etc - an experience that specimen papers can't always give to you.

She said in class that she has not got the GCSE for it and that she is new to the course and has to learn everything before teaching the class.

Quick Reply

Latest