The Student Room Group

Will I get into LSE with these grades??

GCSE's: 3A*'s, 5A's, 2B's
A Level (predictions by 6th Form) AAA in Maths, Economics, History (Modern).

I am wanting to study Accounting and Finance at LSE.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Well you stand a chance since you passed the entry grade requirements. However, LSE look at the Personal Statement the most when making offers so this has to be immaculate if you want to get an offer.
You have to many As so they'd reject you immediately
Reply 4
depends on your A2 predictions, you should probably do 4 AS
Original post by suarez23

I was rejected predicted A*A*BB at A2 for A&F due to poor gcses, though yours are better than mine if that's any help.
Reply 6
If you don't mind me asking: What did you get in your GCSE's? because it is relevant to whether I stand a chance or not as a few of my friends may also be interested in this course. Cheers.
Original post by suarez23

Base on my experience, GCSE's plays a relatively small role when applying to universities.As long as you get at least a B in Maths, english and science, you'll be fine. Personal statements, external curriculum and past experiences will significantly increase the chances of you getting an offer from universities and also your A2 grades. In GCSE, I got 1 A, 9 B's and 2'C. In A level I was predicted an A, B, C. and manage to get all my uni offers in which one of them was an unconditional because I have expressed my passion well in architecture in my personal statement by stating how I developed my skills and how competent I am in doing the course. This was shown through past experiences where I started working as a construction assistant (labourer) > 1 week work experience in a light company firm where I was first introduced to CAD/CAM> KFC>Menu Clerk> Catering assistant, played in BBALL county league. This was all done during my studies (sixth form) which shows proper time management and my ability to work alone and as a team. My advice is that get as much work experience related to the course you want to study to give you an initial perception of what it requires and what it is like working in that firm/field. Wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 8
Thankyou xx

Original post by PrimaDeLuca
Base on my experience, GCSE's plays a relatively small role when applying to universities.As long as you get at least a B in Maths, english and science, you'll be fine. Personal statements, external curriculum and past experiences will significantly increase the chances of you getting an offer from universities and also your A2 grades. In GCSE, I got 1 A, 9 B's and 2'C. In A level I was predicted an A, B, C. and manage to get all my uni offers in which one of them was an unconditional because I have expressed my passion well in architecture in my personal statement by stating how I developed my skills and how competent I am in doing the course. This was shown through past experiences where I started working as a construction assistant (labourer) > 1 week work experience in a light company firm where I was first introduced to CAD/CAM> KFC>Menu Clerk> Catering assistant, played in BBALL county league. This was all done during my studies (sixth form) which shows proper time management and my ability to work alone and as a team. My advice is that get as much work experience related to the course you want to study to give you an initial perception of what it requires and what it is like working in that firm/field. Wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 9

There's quite the difference between LSE and universities that require ABC.
Original post by Yua
There's quite the difference between LSE and universities that require ABC.

Yep, thats true. My point is that as long long as your grades are reasonable to get in to that course and have a very strong Personal statement, you have a greater chance of getting into LSE. 2 of my mates applied for mechanical engineering at UCL (reputable UNI). 1 got an A*AA and he did not get an offer and my other friend got an AAB with some work experience in engineering by tagging along with some of his dad's project. In addition to that, during his A levels he was working in subway, played BBALL with me in the sussex league, coached BBALL for year 7-9 etc... So in conclusion, I think work experience and a strong PS can get you in to LSE.
Original post by JohnGreek
What uni/course was this?

Undergraduate Architecture at Coventry, DMU, Kent , NTU and ARU. The requirements ranges from 340 - 280 UCAS points.
Reply 12
Yep, thats true. My point is that as long long as your grades are reasonable to get in to that course and have a very strong Personal statement, you have a greater chance of getting into LSE. 2 of my mates applied for mechanical engineering at UCL (reputable UNI). 1 got an A*AA and he did not get an offer and my other friend got an AAB with some work experience in engineering by tagging along with some of his dad's project. In addition to that, during his A levels he was working in subway, played BBALL with me in the sussex league, coached BBALL for year 7-9 etc... So in conclusion, I think work experience and a strong PS can get you in to LSE.

Did the person with AAB manage to get an offer?
Original post by Middriver
I was rejected predicted A*A*BB at A2 for A&F due to poor gcses, though yours are better than mine if that's any help.

Do you think LSE would reject me bcuz of my poor GCSEs:

bio a*
geog a*
spanish a
classical civilisations a
chemistry b
physics b
eng lang b
eng lit b
maths c ( :frown: )

I want to apply for international relations, and I know their requirement for english and maths at GCSE is minimum B, but do you think they'll take my application into consideration, since I'm not applying for a maths based degree?

nb; my AS levels are bio, geog, government+politics, psychology- taking these exams this year.
Original post by IRoranth

bio a*
geog a*
spanish a
chemistry b
physics b
eng lang b
eng lit b

I want to apply for international relations, and I know their requirement for english and maths at GCSE is minimum B, but do you think they'll take my application into consideration, since I'm not applying for a maths based degree?

nb; my AS levels are bio, geog, government+politics, psychology- taking these exams this year.

Not sure sorry I knew when I was applying that the majority of people applying would be straight A/A* students at gcse, it's worth applying regardless of whether you think you will get an offer.
Reply 15
I want to do Finance at LSE they require A*AA and I am predicted A*A*A However my GCSES were only average (few As mostly Bs),
Will I have a chance, or is there no point
Original post by mahmzo
I want to do Finance at LSE they require A*AA and I am predicted A*A*A However my GCSES were only average (few As mostly Bs),
Will I have a chance, or is there no point

What subjects are you doing at A-level, are you doing AS's, and did you get A's in GCSE Maths and English Language?
Original post by IRoranth

bio a*
geog a*
spanish a
chemistry b
physics b
eng lang b
eng lit b

Applying for a course where you don't meet the minimum entry requirements is a wasted slot on your Ucas form.
Reply 18
I am currently doing my AS Levels in

Maths
Physics
ComputerScience
Economics

Maths GCSE Grade A
English B
Original post by Yua
Did the person with AAB manage to get an offer?

Yes, he was offered a place at UCL,Coventry, Bath, Exeter and Surrey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending