The Student Room Group

Young Muslim Female needing some guidance in life...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jake4198
I'm scared. Without factor 40 my skin burns quite easily :frown:

sucks to be you

iv only ever burnt once in my whole life
Original post by Withengar
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you."

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers."

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain."

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land."

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! Strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."

You might want to check the definition of "love" and "peace" in the dictionary. Islam isn't, never was and never will be loving or peaceful.

However you haven't written what context it was written in.

“There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (Holy Quran: 2/ 256)

“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves..”
——— Prophet Muhammad (s), Last Sermon.

The Prophet Muhammad (s) said: ““It is better for a leader to make a mistake in forgiving than to make a mistake in punishing.”
——— Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1011.

The only violence we are allowed to do is for our self-defence.
Original post by jake4198
Source 1

"Nearly a third (31%) thought it was acceptable for a British Muslim man to have more than one wife"

"when asked to what extent they agreed or disagreed that homosexuality should be legal in Britain, 18% said they agreed and 52% said they disagreed"

--

Source 2

"47% do not believe that it is acceptable for a school teacher to be homosexual"

"39% agree that “wives should always obey their husbands”."

--

Source 3

If you look at the key, Muslim countries are the only countries to use the death penalty for homosexuality. And life imprisonment is commonplace in the Middle East, North Africa Pakistan.

--

Source 4

The only countries opposing same-sex rights are Muslim-majority countries.

--

I know I got some of the statistics wrong in my earlier post, however I was plucking them from my long-term memory from a few months ago. Nevertheless, we can both agree the results are rather concerning.

Ok they are concerning but I as a Muslim disagree with that. That shouldn't be allowed and that is the face of radicalism that isn't promoted by the Quran.
Original post by Mrs.Grey

“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves..”

The Prophet Muhammad (s) said: ““It is better for a leader to make a mistake in forgiving than to make a mistake in punishing.”

There's no compulsion in religion but if they leave it, kill them?? (That's in a Hadith though)

Islam allows you to have slaves (which your allowed to have sex with). It allows you to marry children. It allows you to beat your wife if they constantly disobey Allah (but not vice versa).

Don't say "this was just back then" because people still do it today and justify it using Quran and Hadith. And why would it even be okay to do it back then???

Oh, all the whitewashing and brainwashing you have to do to stay a Muslim.

The context isn't important here, unlike in so many cases. When you mention violence, murder, pillage and vile destruction, it's pretty obvious. But, since I knew you would bring it up, I checked the context. It mostly has to do with Muslim relationships with atheists, other faiths and community organization in general. This is presented as real world advice for actual people. This is in the Quran. You can't deny it. You can't diminish its vileness and its utter madness, especially not with a few cherry-picked quotes. I have dozens of more examples of violence and prejudice in the Quran, while you have rare, cherry-picked examples which are too little and too sparse.

Moreover, this is just one example regarding violence against unbelievers and other groups. I didn't even get to military conquest and spreading of Islam by the sword, blatant and disgusting discrimination and mistreatment of women and dehumanization of non-Muslims.

Actually read your damn book you child and admit it - it's not ultimate morality, it's not holy, it's not enlightened - it's a primitive set of beliefs and acts of prejudiced, hateful, violent desert tribes. Set of beliefs and acts that have no place in the modern world.

Violence, bigotry, prejudice, sexism, murder and torture have no place in the world. So therefore, the Quran is worthy of nothing but contempt and utter mockery. It never was and will never be about love or peace - it's main message is violence.
Reply 65
You're in the safe as long as you don't feel Islam isn't for you, OP.

Most of us teens go through this phase, asthaghfirullah rn I am too, and my ex starting to question islam didn't help me a lot either.

We all sin, none of us are perfect. You don't have to refrain from music altogether, as your adolescent feelings will make you want to escape this world, live in a fantasy, etc, and music is an easy route to forget about this world. It feels nice, but hs i just realised its exactly what Islam warned us about lmao, straying from the truth.

I'm finding it hard to pray regularly too, so does my brother and my nephews, but the ladies in our household pray without leaving a single wakt and sometimes its so inspiring it makes you pray too.

And ramadan - it's not about starving, it's about staying away from entertainment - so music is a no-no. I'm not sure if listening to it would invalidate your saum, but it surely would reduce its value. Start praying now, at least make an effort.

Most important thing to remember is this is fitnah. I may some dumb to some people but its shaytaan giving you doubts. Please don't fall for this, become "enlightened" like some of my friends in the UK and attain the state of atheism. Some people think they know everything but they don't, it's best leaving the truth to the maker, no?

Please don't fall for fitnah. This is new-age fitnah.

This is a sign of weak imaan. You questioning, it's because you are straying away from your prayers sister. If you actively make an effort to pray, at least ask someone to aggressively remind you to pray, and pray for a few weeks it would become a habit.

There is no use asking other humans. We are all imperfect. Lay down in sujud and cry to Allah. There really is something very calming about that...

In sha allah, if you regain your strength in Imaan, it would help you avoid these questions. And it will help you regain your emotional strength too. you're broken!

Islam has all the answers. When we feel like there is something missing, we just need to look further. We probably never will understand everything in this lifetime, us being such short lived people, but it's there - the truth.

It's really inspiring to see your attitude in your environment. I understand what you mean by "want to be a good muslim, not want to be seen as a good muslim" - I've noticed that doing good deeds and doing prayer alone, and not for attention, like in places where nobody will see you, would help a lot to get rid of that feeling. You need to be confident in yourself that you are a good muslim - you really shouldn't care what the rest of the world thinks, because that is worldly, after all.

Oh and - include me in your duas. I don't want to lose the rest of my Imaan either. I keep forgetting to pray, I just remembered. Going for isha now thx kbye

Please don't look to start arguments with me for the things I've said. They're my beliefs, and I would love if the internet would start to respect my beliefs too without trying to attack it at every possible opportunity. You guys respect people with frankly weird opinions, so why not theists and muslims?
ᴛʜᴀᴛᴡᴀsᴀʀʜᴇᴛoʀɪᴄᴀʟǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴅᴏɴᴛᴀɴsᴡᴇʀᴛʜaᴛ
(edited 7 years ago)
Just leave Islam if you're not happy. I've been in and out of the fold for quite some time, but ever since I left, I feel much better.
Original post by Anonymous
It's actually in the Hadith to beat you're child for not praying (above the age of 10 I believe)...lol.

I'm athiest too :smile:

I'm a Muslim, but I don't agree with Hadiths.

OP a lot of the things you were saying sound like things all these old people say, because those are the tales they've been told... Music isn't haram... Feel free to PM if you want to talk. :smile:
Original post by Me123456789

OP a lot of the things you were saying sound like things all these old people say, because those are the tales they've been told... Music isn't haram... Feel free to PM if you want to talk. :smile:

How do you pray? That's in the Hadith. The Quran isn't much better tbh.
Original post by RizK
You're in the safe as long as you don't feel Islam isn't for you, OP.

Most of us teens go through this phase, asthaghfirullah rn I am too, and my ex starting to question islam didn't help me a lot either.

We all sin, none of us are perfect. You don't have to refrain from music altogether, as your adolescent feelings will make you want to escape this world, live in a fantasy, etc, and music is an easy route to forget about this world. It feels nice, but hs i just realised its exactly what Islam warned us about lmao, straying from the truth.

I'm finding it hard to pray regularly too, so does my brother and my nephews, but the ladies in our household pray without leaving a single wakt and sometimes its so inspiring it makes you pray too.

And ramadan - it's not about starving, it's about staying away from entertainment - so music is a no-no. I'm not sure if listening to it would invalidate your saum, but it surely would reduce its value. Start praying now, at least make an effort.

Most important thing to remember is this is fitnah. I may some dumb to some people but its shaytaan giving you doubts. Please don't fall for this, become "enlightened" like some of my friends in the UK and attain the state of atheism. Some people think they know everything but they don't, it's best leaving the truth to the maker, no?

Please don't fall for fitnah. This is new-age fitnah.

This is a sign of weak imaan. You questioning, it's because you are straying away from your prayers sister. If you actively make an effort to pray, at least ask someone to aggressively remind you to pray, and pray for a few weeks it would become a habit.

There is no use asking other humans. We are all imperfect. Lay down in sujud and cry to Allah. There really is something very calming about that...

In sha allah, if you regain your strength in Imaan, it would help you avoid these questions. And it will help you regain your emotional strength too. you're broken!

Islam has all the answers. When we feel like there is something missing, we just need to look further. We probably never will understand everything in this lifetime, us being such short lived people, but it's there - the truth.

It's really inspiring to see your attitude in your environment. I understand what you mean by "want to be a good muslim, not want to be seen as a good muslim" - I've noticed that doing good deeds and doing prayer alone, and not for attention, like in places where nobody will see you, would help a lot to get rid of that feeling. You need to be confident in yourself that you are a good muslim - you really shouldn't care what the rest of the world thinks, because that is worldly, after all.

Oh and - include me in your duas. I don't want to lose the rest of my Imaan either. I keep forgetting to pray, I just remembered. Going for isha now thx kbye

Please don't look to start arguments with me for the things I've said. They're my beliefs, and I would love if the internet would start to respect my beliefs too without trying to attack it at every possible opportunity. You guys respect people with frankly weird opinions, so why not theists and muslims?
ᴛʜᴀᴛᴡᴀsᴀʀʜᴇᴛoʀɪᴄᴀʟǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴅᴏɴᴛᴀɴsᴡᴇʀᴛʜaᴛ
EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY <3 Will keep you in my duas, my sister <3
Reply 70

Man the main part of islam stems from Hadith and qur'an - but I get what you're saying, hadith can be easily changed since it was all word-of-mouth for so many years.
But you have to respect the hadith too since they're the prophet's. It's a main part of Islam.
Reply 71
EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY <3 Will keep you in my duas, my sister <3

I'm not a sister oh my god TAKE THAT BACK!

And thank you so much, jazakallah, would include you too but I have no idea what your problems are :biggrin: Will do the generic stuff :wink:

hahha thanks again
Original post by RizK
I'm not a sister oh my god TAKE THAT BACK!

And thank you so much, jazakallah, would include you too but I have no idea what your problems are :biggrin: Will do the generic stuff :wink:

hahha thanks again

OMFG I AM SO SORRY, IDEK WHY I SAID THAT WHEN OBVS YOU'RE NOT I TAKE THAT BACK, SORRY BROTHER.

I have so many problems lmao :biggrin:
Reply 73
OMFG I AM SO SORRY, IDEK WHY I SAID THAT WHEN OBVS YOU'RE NOT I TAKE THAT BACK, SORRY BROTHER.

I have so many problems lmao :biggrin:

Haha it's okay :')
I still haven't prayed, but I'm going now. I'll surely include you in my duas :biggrin: (im going to use wildcards :tongue:)
Original post by RizK
Haha it's okay :':wink:
I still haven't prayed, but I'm going now. I'll surely include you in my duas :biggrin: (im going to use wildcards :tongue:)
Go for it :smile: I need to pray too, thanks for reminding me!
Original post by Anonymous
How do you pray? That's in the Hadith. The Quran isn't much better tbh.

The Quran is all you need, most Hadiths are just made up, thats why I think they're all pointless.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
As far as scripture is concerned I don't think you can fake your way to heaven, Allah is meant to know your thoughts and what's in your heart so if you don't really believe them you're an apostate in his eyes, whether you pretend to do Islamic actions or not.

You, my good sir, have not heard of Pascal :u:
Original post by RizK
Man the main part of islam stems from Hadith and qur'an - but I get what you're saying, hadith can be easily changed since it was all word-of-mouth for so many years.
But you have to respect the hadith too since they're the prophet's. It's a main part of Islam.

Exactly, Hadiths are easily changed, and most of them are made up, that's why I just stay away from them. They're said to be the prophets, but like we both agreed they just made up, you can't trust them, and they are so contradictory.
The Quran has everything we need to know in it.
Reply 78
Exactly, Hadiths are easily changed, and most of them are made up, that's why I just stay away from them. They're said to be the prophets, but like we both agreed they just made up, you can't trust them, and they are so contradictory.
The Quran has everything we need to know in it.

I have to disagree with you on that though. The prophet was chosen for a reason - so that he could be an example to us, and we're supposed to follow his example.

I trust shahih hadith. Not others. x)
"Paragraphs..."
Ok this is going to be long but with paragraphs so dw lol.

Listen to nasheeds, trust me, listen to it daily. Try to pray once a day and then continue. I see this as a test from Allah and I think most people have been through it but you need to make a connection with Allah, it'll do you good. Do you have a lot of dreams about Heaven and Hell? I did and I kept on seeing myself go to Hell and I saw scary things and I told people and they said it was a sign. Think to yourself as to why you can't do things? If you can't give a solid answer then it might be Satan poisoning your mind. It may sound stupid but trust me on this one. Ramadan is coming up so this is the best time to do this.

Forget about people for a minute, and think about yourself and Allah. You're here as a slave of Allah. Do you want to go to Hell? I think not. Read the Quran in English and you'll realize how scary life can be. I mean, all the Quran is a book filled with stories that are going to help Muslims through life. And remember, this life is a test, the result is coming.

PS. This might be really all over the place

LMAO

Quick Reply

Latest