The Student Room Group

Drawing on exam papers?

Hi! I was just wondering - can I get in trouble or face any consequences/ramifications if I draw on an exam paper? If it's clearly not part of my answer will I lose marks or anything?
it really depends what you have drawn :holmes:
Reply 2
Doubt you'd lose marks. I've heard if you write anything unrelated to the exam like "Sorry, I know this is wrong" or "help please" or "ill pay you", it's sent away for review higher up, just to check over or something, I don't think you would for drawing stuff
Original post by MaiBr13
Doubt you'd lose marks. I've heard if you write anything unrelated to the exam like "Sorry, I know this is wrong" or "help please" or "ill pay you", it's sent away for review higher up, just to check over or something, I don't think you would for drawing stuff

Hahaha "I'll pay you" haha that's a good one
Reply 4
Original post by stripedbox
Hahaha "I'll pay you" haha that's a good one

might use it myself and slip a 20 in the back of the paper
You won't necessarily get any official loss of marks, but examiners can be judgey so if you got an uptight examiner they probably will mark you more harshly. :tongue:
Original post by MaiBr13

But sometimes it may be better if its sent away. Because the person who marked it in the first place might have missed something. While especially for essays they might give you more marks. Kinda like a free remark.
Reply 7
Original post by Kholmes1
But sometimes it may be better if its sent away. Because the person who marked it in the first place might have missed something. While especially for essays they might give you more marks. Kinda like a free remark.

imagine it got marked down tho
Original post by shakiramason
Hi! I was just wondering - can I get in trouble or face any consequences/ramifications if I draw on an exam paper? If it's clearly not part of my answer will I lose marks or anything?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1514564/More-than-200-exam-papers-spoilt-by-obscenities-and-lewd-doodles.html
Original post by MaiBr13
might use it myself and slip a 20 in the back of the paper

The invigilator could see you and slip it in her pocket after you give it in 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shakiramason

It's not specifically banned as such (as long as it's not inappropriate, that could get you disqualified), but examiners have listed it as one of their top 10 pet hates when marking students' work, and I don't know about you but I'd rather not annoy the examiner :L
Reply 11
Original post by Namita Gurung
The invigilator could see you and slip it in her pocket after you give it in 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile

there is definitely one invigilator at my school I wouldn't put it past
Original post by MaiBr13
there is definitely one invigilator at my school I wouldn't put it past

Better leave your number or e-mail behind then instead of money :rofl:
Reply 13
Original post by Namita Gurung
Better leave your number or e-mail behind then instead of money :rofl:

:biggrin: good plan