The Student Room Group

What do you get mistaken for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
I know, right?

Uhm.
I get mistaken for being human, it's quite inconvenient
German, Polish, Slovakian, Russian, Bosnian and Irish.

I think it's down to my really short hair and nose, weirdly enough.
Original post by Spock's Socks
When I went to Iceland on holiday, the locals thought I was Irish instead of Scottish. Don't know how they could mistake a heavy Glaswegian accent for an Irish one :laugh:

I think to a lot of people the Irish, Welsh and Scottish sound very similar. I can tell the difference though. :biggrin:
I get mistaken for being my dad's wife...
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Haha it is just banter:tongue:

:\ ?
Original post by mariam687
arab or turkish

even tho im a pakistani lol

I would never ever be able to tell the difference there...lol like...that's the only one I can't get...
Original post by 0to100
:\ ?

Just saying some good friends of mine are nigerian and we just insult each other for banter :lol:
Original post by 0to100
I would never ever be able to tell the difference there...lol like...that's the only one I can't get...

ahahah

wht do ppl mistake u for?
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Just saying some good friends of mine are nigerian and we just insult each other for banter :lol:

Yea. Sure. Whatever.

ahahah

wht do ppl mistake u for?

Irish lol
Original post by 0to100
Yea. Sure. Whatever.

Irish lol

thats a good thing tho :smile:
thats a good thing tho :smile:

Is it? It's not particularly bad but...never saw it as good, normally it's just ppl who think all white British ppl are the same orrrr because I'm speaking to an Irish person orrrr because I'm chavvy :indiff:
Original post by 0to100

The Turks and Pakistani's are actually quite different, in terms of general appearance. You would be surprised.
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
I know, right?

Trust me, it hits you right where it hurts :cry:

I have people randomly talking to me in Punjabi or Urdu or something and I just stand there trying to say 'No, I don't understand' in Hindi because I learnt that from Indian dramas :lol:
Original post by 0to100
Is it? It's not particularly bad but...never saw it as good, normally it's just ppl who think all white British ppl are the same orrrr because I'm speaking to an Irish person orrrr because I'm chavvy :indiff:

yh it is :smile:

lol ur not chavvy xD
italian as i always have a natural olive skin tone
even in winter
but i'm am 100% white british
Original post by 0to100

I get mistaken for.....a b***ch :s-smilie:
I get jamaican, dominican, st.lucian..bascially every Caribbean country...
Reply 78
I've been mistaken for being Irish and white British even though i'm middle eastern. lol
(edited 7 years ago)
I get mistaken for someone called 'Deji'.

Quick Reply

Latest