The Student Room Group

Bristol Vs Nottingham Vs Liverpool vs London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samina_ay
Nottingham... birmingham is good too :tongue:
the only one who said nottingham p

is liverpool not better?

Original post by Nidhoggr
Go to the uni where you will get the best education & best career prospects.

Uni ou go to will be a decision that impacts rest of your life. Dont pick somewhere just because it will offer momentary bout of fun.
not an uni student...thinking of working over there

so its purely a how fun it is to live in the city versus expense
City centre is the only part that matters. There is literally nothing happening in rest of Bristol. And even i city centre, Cabot Circus is pretty much the only thing of note, and there are shopping centres everywhere in the UK.

There's nothing about Bristol that makes Bristol any different from another city in UK. It's dead boring.You are clearly a biased opinion.

Well done on showing how blinkered you are.
I won't go into disproving you, since you've already made yourself look silly by claiming Bristol is the city centre, and I'd rather you not know about all the wonderful things around.
I don't need to be biased when I actually know what is there. Don't make yourself look any worse.
Original post by Inazuma
Well done on showing how blinkered you are.
I won't go into disproving you, since you've already made yourself look silly by claiming Bristol is the city centre, and I'd rather you not know about all the wonderful things around.
I don't need to be biased when I actually know what is there. Don't make yourself look any worse.

Somewhere along the line in your life you clearly must have failed to some degree in a reading comprehension test.

And I also notice despite everything I have said about Bristol, which is true, you actually havent made any actual real points about anything that makes Bristol worth living in relative to another city in the UK.

You call me blinkered but you sound quite strongly like you've never been anywhere but Bristol in your whole life. Seems you're the one who needs to reconsider their perceptions.
Somewhere along the line in your life you clearly must have failed to some degree in a reading comprehension test.

And I also notice despite everything I have said about Bristol, which is true, you actually havent made any actual real points about anything that makes Bristol worth living in relative to another city in the UK.

You call me blinkered but you sound quite strongly like you've never been anywhere but Bristol in your whole life. Seems you're the one who needs to reconsider their perceptions.

Why would I compare it when OP is not asking about those cities? Lol. London he's already said is v expensive. You haven't said anything true, only a fool would try to portray the CC as the only part. It's a minor part to me.
And I already said, I'm not wasting time explaining how fab it is to you, who clearly has a rather uncultured view on the world. No point banging on about it when OP already said it's expensive.
You forget this thread is about OP, and I don't care about explaining it to you, the less you come here the better :wink:
Original post by Inazuma
Why would I compare it when OP is not asking about those cities? Lol. London he's already said is v expensive. You haven't said anything true, only a fool would try to portray the CC as the only part. It's a minor part to me.
And I already said, I'm not wasting time explaining how fab it is to you, who clearly has a rather uncultured view on the world. No point banging on about it when OP already said it's expensive.
You forget this thread is about OP, and I don't care about explaining it to you, the less you come here the better :wink:

of course you are not going to waste any time explaining how fab it is to me, because you would have nothing to explain.

You're just smoke and mirrors
(edited 7 years ago)
of course you are not going to waste any time explaining how fab it is to me, because you would have nothing to explain.

You're just smoke and mirrors lol

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better :wink:
Original post by Inazuma

What I tell myself doesnt matter.

What matters is that anyone who sees this thread is gonna see a list of reasons why Bristol is boring, and no reasons why Bristol is worth going to.
Original post by Inazuma

Thing is I am not actually arguing with you to try and get one over you.

I really would like you to tell me what, if anything, is it that makes going to Bristol worthwhile. Because I have lived there for a year now, and I havent seen it.
What I tell myself doesnt matter.

What matters is that anyone who sees this thread is gonna see a list of reasons why Bristol is boring, and no reasons why Bristol is worth going to.

Thing is I am not actually arguing with you to try and get one over you.

I really would like you to tell me what, if anything, is it that makes going to Bristol worthwhile. Because I have lived there for a year now, and I havent seen it.

Things it has that nowhere else does (since the museum/aquarium are obvs common): one being a more student thing, but the entire atmosphere around Clifton, Cotham, Redlands - and the fact it can change drastically once you get somewhere like Gloucester road.
The graffiti permeating throughout, Banksy in particular, there's some stunning stuff around which can take days to find.
The bridge, obviously, and the countryside around it.
SS GB being an obvious main attraction.
The fact that the city itself (or at least most of the part aforementioned) are set out in a nice, pleasing way compared to many more blocky cities.
Being home to the rather stunning and quaint Blaise castle, but the hamlet being even more precious.
The Gromit / Shaun sheep things are possibly amazing.

You'll not none of those is in the city centre (aside from some graffiti)
HiI live in Bristol. My typical day is waking up and having a swig of scrumpy from an old stone jar. I then go and tend to the chickens whilst wearing a straw hat, smock and wellies. I come back to the kitchen and chuck the dog a bone just before I wind up the old gramophone and put a Wurzels record on (my fav is

Quick Reply

Latest