87 2%
88 4%
89 0%
909%
Total votes: 47
Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Definitely highe than last year, but not too high because it was a slightly harde than average paper in my opinion
Reply 2
It could... but very unlikely. It wasn't an especially easy paper compared to past papers. The last few questions were rather fiddly and may have caught a few students out (not to mention general 'human' errors/accidents in earlier parts of the paper). The highest grade boundary for an A* was a November 2013 paper at 169 out of 200 (so, about 84/85 per paper).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
It was but slightly harder than June 2014
Reply 4
The 2015 non-calculator paper was harder than average, and the grade boundaries were lowered to reflect that. It was 155/200 for an A* in 2015, so 77.5 per paper (that won't happen this year). June 2015 paper was a bit of an anomaly really - the grade boundary for an A* usually range from about 162-169 out of 200 (i.e. approximately from 81-84.5 per paper).

It all depends on the calculator paper and how the rest of the country did too.

Good luck anyway :-)
Are you mad? The highest it has been is 85. Though I am getting 90+ in all past papers and mocks so it shouldn't really affect me :colone:
It wasn't an easy paper, but it wasn't a hard paper. Think about it. No cumulative frequency, no histograms, no simultaneous questions. These topics will all come in the calculator paper, so no, the calculator paper will be the easy one.

I've done so many past papers since I was in year 9, and I can assure you that this one wasn't the easier paper. This one was just above average. The grade boundaries here will be 81-82, but the calculator paper might bring it up to 83, but that's it. November 2015 grade boundaries were 83.5. I'm sorry, but I've seen a lot of gcse maths grade boundaries and I've only seen one year that spiked to 85, and that paper was a lot easier.g

This wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard. It is in between June 2015 and November 2015.
(edited 7 years ago)
For me it was easy as well, apart from the last question, but a lot of people got that wrong. I'm just saying it isn't considered to be easy compared to other papers. The one that was 85, I got 97 in both non calculator and calculator. I reckon on this one I've got around 92. It cannot be 85, and I'm 99.9% sure on that, no matter how easy the calculator paper is. It will be 82-83, believe me! :smile:
The overall marks increase by 2 or 3 ever year.

167 (83) was an A* last year, so I think 85.
Haha! Yeah fine :smile:

By the way, this wasn't an argument. I like it that you underestimated it. I'm trying to tell you that GCSE isn't as hard as you think :wink: And yeah, the beginning was quite easy. For the tin question, I knew that it wouldn't fit before I even started to calculate it! :biggrin:
Original post by Fractite
The overall marks increase by 2 or 3 ever year.

167 (83) was an A* last year, so I think 85.

Take a look at November 2013. This one was 184.5, and take a look at how easy the paper was. I'm sorry, but your statement in increasing grade boundaries every year was a pretty stupid statement :biggrin:
Original post by Faizanasif
Take a look at November 2013. This one was 184.5, and take a look at how easy the paper was. I'm sorry, but your statement in increasing grade boundaries every year was a pretty stupid statement :biggrin:

OK.
The reality is, no matter how well you have prepared, you're always going to be nervous. I agree that GCSE is tough, but people just underestimate GCSE Maths a lot, and I want to make them realise that its not as bad as people think :smile:
I've loved maths my whole life! Though I couldn't speak English very well until I was around 6 or 7 so English as a subject was very weak, so I had additional homework in primary school (I had 5 homeworks a week and others had o my 1 or 2!). Now it's all good! :smile:

Yeah, I'm going to do A Level Maths too! What other subjects are you looking to do at A Level? :smile:
I'm on a B in GCSE English language and literature, so I have improved a lot over the years!

I'm doing Maths, Psychology, Economics and Chemistry. So 3 of my subjects are the same as yours, so possibly we can study together on here next year? ahaha :biggrin:

By the way, off topic, where are you originated? :wink:
I was born in the UK. I lived here ever since. My first language I taught was Urdu, and when I went to nursery, I couldn't speak English although I made friends who were English (they're still with me haha). I understood English, but my grammar was horrible back then, and my spelling was even worse!

I'm Pakistani :wink: For cricket I really should be cheering for England but that isn't the case for me :biggrin:
Average is 83.6 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending