The Student Room Group

lilacpotato's GCSE Revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
I thought it went well too :smile:
Well done !! My leavers assembly is on the 28th June

Yay, thank you! Good luck for English (that is today, isn't it?)
It's kinda weird because we're all saying goodbye and everything but we're coming back in for lessons and revision sessions after half term!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 27/05/16

No revision has gone on today! I hope you can forgive me! :tongue:

I had my Leavers Assembly today and I got an award!!: Most likely to become the next Albert Einstein...not sure how accurate that is! :biggrin::biggrin:
I had a good day, but no tears as we'll all be seeing each other for exams and prom!

I guess I'm now on 'study leave' - if you can call it that! :tongue: We still have to come in for lessons, revision sessions and exams! The only time we can go home is if we have a lesson that we have already done the exam for - so for me that is RE and French!

Is our school being weird or is this what's going on for most people?
Update 29/05/16

I didn't manage to do any revision yesterday (it was a friend's birthday) but I was back on track for most of today - even though I went out for 2 hours in the afternoon! :biggrin:

English - Annotated extracts from OMAM, will continue tomorrow
Maths - Completed past paper
German - Learnt & tested myself on new vocab
Chemistry - Explained ion testing & the history of the Periodic Table to my family
Geography - Looked over spec for skills paper & printed out paper to do this week

I'm a bit worried I'm going to end up procrastinating for most of this week but let's see how it goes...:tongue:
Original post by lilacpotato
Update 29/05/16

I didn't manage to do any revision yesterday (it was a friend's birthday) but I was back on track for most of today - even though I went out for 2 hours in the afternoon! :biggrin:

English - Annotated extracts from OMAM, will continue tomorrow
Maths - Completed past paper
Chemistry - Explained ion testing & the history of the Periodic Table to my family
Geography - Looked over spec for skills paper & printed out paper to do this week

I'm a bit worried I'm going to end up procrastinating for most of this week but let's see how it goes...:tongue:

At least you did something :smile: Well done
At least you did something :smile: Well done

Thank you! :hugs:
Update 30/05/16

I had a fairly productive day today (I did everything I set out to do at least!)...:biggrin:

English - Answered questions from workbook & continued with my annotations
Geography - Did a skills paper, it was a lot harder than I was expecting (having been told by my teacher that 'you don't really need to revise for it') so I will definitely need to put in a bit of work (it was the specimen paper though). I then looked on Bitesize & watched youtube videos on some of the stuff I was confused about
Maths - Made circle theorems poster & completed questions
Physics - Started big P2 poster (it's one of my last exams but I thought I'd start now as I think it's the hardest section of them all :s-smilie:)

Hopefully the productivity will continue! At least I'm not getting distracted by the weather...:frown:!
Update 30/05/16

I had a fairly productive day today (I did everything I set out to do at least!)...:biggrin:

Geography - Did a skills paper, it was a lot harder than I was expecting (having been told by my teacher that 'you don't really need to revise for it') so I will definitely need to put in a bit of work (it was the specimen paper though). I then looked on Bitesize & watched youtube videos on some of the stuff I was confused about
Physics - Started big P2 poster (it's one of my last exams but I thought I'd start now as I think it's the hardest section of them all :s-smilie:)

Hopefully the productivity will continue! At least I'm not getting distracted by the weather...:frown:!

Well done you do a lot :smile: I'm sure the productivity will continue
How is the weather ?
Where i live it's gloomy :frown:
Well done you do a lot :smile: I'm sure the productivity will continue
How is the weather ?
Where i live it's gloomy :frown:

Thank you, I hope so!!
It's really cloudy and windy so no hope of outside revision! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, I hope so!!
It's really cloudy and windy so no hope of outside revision! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here - London is the same :smile:
I just wish it was sunny.
Update 30/05/16

Haha, wish I had as much focus and was as motivated as you :frown:

Good luck!
Original post by LordSam
Haha, wish I had as much focus and was as motivated as you :frown:

Good luck!

Haha thank you!! :biggrin:
Are you doing GCSEs too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 31/05/16

I was gonna do a bit of different subjects today but I ended up doing mainly Physics - it's been a long day! :tongue:

Geography - Revised skills further by watching videos & doing quizzes
Chemistry - Used quizzes to determine what areas I need to look at in detail for revision. I also looked at some prediction videos on youtube - have a look at Primrose Kitten if you're interested...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59_zVqsin4w&list=PL7O6CcKg0HaFeTAdNa5zywjmBtmBVvOWd
Physics - Finished my big poster on the whole of P2 - it took hours!! :redface: At least it's finished now! I've (hopefully) attached a picture of it, if you're interested! It might be a bit small! :biggrin:

Hopefully I'll focus on some different subjects tomorrow - maybe English & Chemistry...:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Update 31/05/16

I was gonna do a bit of different subjects today but I ended up doing mainly Physics - it's been a long day! :tongue:

Geography - Revised skills further by watching videos & doing quizzes
Chemistry - Used quizzes to determine what areas I need to look at in detail for revision. I also looked at some prediction videos on youtube - have a look at Primrose Kitten if you're interested...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59_zVqsin4w&list=PL7O6CcKg0HaFeTAdNa5zywjmBtmBVvOWd
Physics - Finished my big poster on the whole of P2 - it took hours!! :redface: At least it's finished now! I've (hopefully) attached a picture of it, if you're interested! It might be a bit small! :biggrin:

Hopefully I'll focus on some different subjects tomorrow - maybe English & Chemistry...:smile:

I use primrose kitten too :smile:
WOOOOOOOOOOOW !!! That handwriting is beautiful :colondollar: So jealous ...
but well done x
I use primrose kitten too :smile:
WOOOOOOOOOOOW !!! That handwriting is beautiful :colondollar: So jealous ...
but well done x

Haha thank you!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 01/06/16

It's finally June, although the weather doesn't seem to think so! :biggrin: In just over two weeks I will have finished school!! Whoop whoop!

After a slow start I managed to do quite a bit...

Physics - Did a P2 past paper and got 54/60! In P2!! :biggrin: I was very pleased to have got into the 50s for Physics (probably like the first time ever!)
English - Completed response to OMAM question about Curley. Then spent 3 hours going through every past paper - making notes on what extracts/themes/characters came up, annotating my book with ideas from looking at the examiner reports - it took a long time but time well spent, I think! :smile:

Only 2 subjects done but I feel better after doing a lot of English as I was neglecting it a little...:tongue:
Update 01/06/16

It's finally June, although the weather doesn't seem to think so! :biggrin: In just over two weeks I will have finished school!! Whoop whoop!

After a slow start I managed to do quite a bit...

Physics - Did a P2 past paper and got 54/60! In P2!! :biggrin: I was very pleased to have got into the 50s for Physics (probably like the first time ever!)
English - Completed response to OMAM question about Curley. Then spent 3 hours going through every past paper - making notes on what extracts/themes/characters came up, annotating my book with ideas from looking at the examiner reports - it took a long time but time well spent, I think! :smile:

Only 2 subjects done but I feel better after doing a lot of English as I was neglecting it a little...:tongue:

Your P2 poster is really impressive!!! And congrats on getting 54/60 in P2- it is my worst science unit.:redface:
Do you do AQA?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sunshine774
Your P2 poster is really impressive!!! And congrats on getting 54/60 in P2- it is my worst science unit.:redface:
Do you do AQA?

Thank you! Yeah I do AQA - P2 is my least favourite unit! :s-smilie: Which is your best do you think? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Yeah I do AQA - P2 is my least favourite unit! :s-smilie: Which is your best do you think? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of all three sciences or just physics?:smile:
Original post by sunshine774
Out of all three sciences or just physics?:smile:

All three? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably B1, but I really didn't like the paper we had! :s-smilie: What about you?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest