The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So surely you mean it should be optional rather than banned?
And then demand bigger clothes, bigger doorways, bigger coffins...
Reply 3
ur only 1 step away from joinin the fat acceptance movement on tumblr now ;o
That would block freedom to the subject.
um...why not, for the bants :yep:
I hate PE, I hate it so much I can't even put it into words. It's so unfair that we have to do it although tbh I just stand there in PE lessons and duck whenever a flying object is coming my way- that stuff is dangerous and should be banned! In all seriousness I wish PE were banned, it makes me want to cry and crying is just not something I do.
Reply 7
how you do that fancy text thing
No one is forcing you in to following PE a certain way, It wil be optional and educated to you.
I don't have to do PE ever again in my life. :woo:
tbh, I would be a lot fatter if it weren't for PE :colondollar:

Spoiler

no because fatphobia is not a choice :/
Meh, who cares about the others? They can fend for themselves.

Spoiler

imo primary school PE = playing lots of different sports (apart from "dangerous" rugby and hockey, etc)
secondary school PE = precursor to gym: basically perfecting the warm-up exercises, being introduced to gym equipment and getting a feel of what a group session is like :smile: Oh, and introducing the "dangerous" sports
Original post by niv1234
I hate PE, I hate it so much I can't even put it into words. It's so unfair that we have to do it although tbh I just stand there in PE lessons and duck whenever a flying object is coming my way- that stuff is dangerous and should be banned! In all seriousness I wish PE were banned, it makes me want to cry and crying is just not something I do.

I'm assuming you wouldn't last long if survival of the fittest still happened.
If you banned it then you would be denying the benefits to everyone else.
Yeah I know what you mean that has been my tactic for the last 5 years but my friends are nice to me so that whenever we are playing rounders or something I just hide with the batting team and never do anything. Tbh I am doing my team a favour by doing this.

I hate the lectures the teachers give 'you are not helping your team blah blah blah' just want to tell them I honestly couldn't care less and I have bigger things to worry about.
Original post by Konahagakure
I'm assuming you wouldn't last long if survival of the fittest still happened.

In our school we do dance in pe now, how is that meant to do anything to help me?
HATE PE. My sixth form was one of the few where it was compulsory. I've left now and guess what? They're making it optional for next year. I feel cheated.
we most definitely should not!
For some, it's the only exercise they are encouraged/forced to do. Also, seeing as the recommended daily amount of exercise for 5-19 year olds is 60 minutes a day, including 20 minutes of intense cardio (source: NHS), the provision of an hour of exercise at school only serves to benefit rather than detract from the healthy life style that everyone should have

Latest