The Student Room Group

ID

hi I'm 18 and I go to college my issue is that I have absolutely no form of ID I don't have a passport I don't have a provisional, I don't even have a birth certificate so this is causing me a lot of challenges like I cant get a placement for my college course because I don't have a DBS and to get a DBS I need three forms of ID and I can make two but I cant make the third so I cant get it and not meaning to sound like an alcoholic or anything but everyone is telling me to be a normal 18 year old and go out drinking and things like that with my mates but I cant to so much as go round town on a night you need ID even if your just drinking a pint of coke I don't know what to do as I don't have a lot of money and I know to get any of these forms of ID you need to pay for them does anyone have any ideas that might help any idea will be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Why can't you get a birth certificate?
Original post by db1997
hi I'm 18 and I go to college my issue is that I have absolutely no form of ID I don't have a passport I don't have a provisional, I don't even have a birth certificate so this is causing me a lot of challenges like I cant get a placement for my college course because I don't have a DBS and to get a DBS I need three forms of ID and I can make two but I cant make the third so I cant get it and not meaning to sound like an alcoholic or anything but everyone is telling me to be a normal 18 year old and go out drinking and things like that with my mates but I cant to so much as go round town on a night you need ID even if your just drinking a pint of coke I don't know what to do as I don't have a lot of money and I know to get any of these forms of ID you need to pay for them does anyone have any ideas that might help any idea will be much appreciated :smile:

With needing a DBS you've no choice but to at least buy a provisional, there's no other way round it sorry.
Go to your local town hall/registry office and get a copy of your birth certificate. They are less than £10! You can even order them online.
Reply 4
Original post by Thomb
Why can't you get a birth certificate?

because I don't have contact with my parents and they have it and to get a new one it is going to cost
Umm a credit card is a form of ID-do u have one?
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
With needing a DBS you've no choice but to at least buy a provisional, there's no other way round it sorry.

thank you
Reply 7
Original post by db1997
because I don't have contact with my parents and they have it and to get a new one it is going to cost

So shell out for a new one?
Reply 8
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Umm a credit card is a form of ID-do u have one?

they wont accept a credit card as a form of ID anymore
Original post by db1997
they wont accept a credit card as a form of ID anymore

Don't lie....I've always used one...wow
Reply 10
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Don't lie....I've always used one...wow

they wont accept it I've tried
Reply 11
Original post by Thomb
So shell out for a new one?

money is incredibly tight
Reply 12
Original post by amingo26
Go to your local town hall/registry office and get a copy of your birth certificate. They are less than £10! You can even order them online.

the cheapest I could find one was for £15something
Reply 13
Original post by db1997
money is incredibly tight

ATM yeah but when you get some make it a priority.
Original post by db1997
the cheapest I could find one was for £15something

FYI

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate
Reply 15
Original post by Thomb
ATM yeah but when you get some make it a priority.

yeah thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending