The Student Room Group

Am I over reacting/ over thinking? should I say something to her

Hi

So recently I have been feeling like my friend is losing interest in our friendship. We have been friends around 4-5 years (met at work, still working together). We always used to go out together, until she became very depressed (about a year ago). during her depression I was there for her and used to travel up to an hour to see her when she didn't want to go out. Now she has recovered and I'm really happy to see her happy. about 6 months ago she started hanging out with a group of girls and all of the sudden they became her best friends. Every time I ask her to go out, she says "well I see you at work". She sometimes asks me to go out with her and her friends, but she always asks me so last minute, it feels like she feels bad if she didn't ask me. When she sees me going out with other people she says oh you never come out with me, but have time to go out with other people. The fact is I don't go out with her because she includes me in her plans so last minute that I actually can't go.

I'm starting to question whether she wants to remain friends? I personally wouldn't treat a friend like this. the only time I now see my friend is at work and it really sucks:frown:
Reply 1
But she's still inviting you out all the time!

Is she disorganised? Maybe her new friends are more chilled out and organise things last minute
Reply 2
Original post by Gouki
But she's still inviting you out all the time!

Is she disorganised? Maybe her new friends are more chilled out and organise things last minute

No they organise before hand. for example on one occasion they had this whole thing planned and had invited other people. But she told me on the day, I didn't even have going out clothes with me but I thought let me just buy something and make an effort.

On another occasion I bumped into one of her friends in the afternoon and she told me they were going out. My friend then texted me later that evening saying oh I just booked a table going out tonight, since you're in that area you should come join us.

and tonight she texted me saying come out tonight. I told her I wish you told me earlier. and she replied oh we decided to go out around 3 today, but I just remembered you and thought I text you. I'm not going with her because again it's so last minute and I would've appreciated it more if she did tell me in the afternoon.

Am I looking too much into this? I feel like I'm losing my friend
My ''friends'' do this all the time. If i am an after thought I'd rather they didn't bother. You could confront her. In my case I haven't done so because I feel as though they would have asked me in advanced if they wanted me there.

Latest

Trending

Trending