The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MBenjamin
same, but I still aim to exercise everyday!

:dumbells:
Original post by niv1234
Me. What is the point in it? I would rather be doing anything but sports. It should totally be optional it is literally the bane of my school life, the only subject that I can say I undoubtedly hate. Just why would you willingly put yourself through that? People get violent, competitive and aggressive, it just brings out the worst in people. Also you get projectile, dangerous objects flying towards you- that is a true health and safety risk and should be banned.

Ok, rant over, Sorry everyone.

That's your opinion, as your entitled to. I don't see why it should be banned though, just because you don't like sports. I hate maths, but I still have to do that. Do you suggest removing maths from the curriculum
Original post by Namita Gurung
:dumbells:

what?
Reply 43
I miss when they made us run a mile every day in primary school. I was fairly decent. Now I'm dangerously unfit. I hated a lot of P.E. and did terribly (level 2 lmao) but some of it was good and I think it should stay compulsory before GCSEs
Original post by BirdIsWord
Am i the only one that genuinely enjoyed every PE lesson?

Nope, PE lessons are the highlight of my week at school
what?

Coz you know, you said that you aim to exercise everyday... so it's an emoji of someone working out (lifting dumbbells)
Why would you want to ban it? It is (was) the highlight of my week to pelt people with dodge balls as hard as possible to release some of my (considerable) built up aggression at them/my life. I agree with giving people choice as to what they do but it should still be compulsory and people should be encouraged to at least try and enjoy it, though I do understand why you might not if you were not good at it, though there is certainly at least one sport you can be at least ok at.
Original post by JordanHardy
That's your opinion, as your entitled to. I don't see why it should be banned though, just because you don't like sports. I hate maths, but I still have to do that. Do you suggest removing maths from the curriculum

preach that 👊 🙌 👏
Original post by Namita Gurung
Coz you know, you said that you aim to exercise everyday... so it's an emoji of someone working out (lifting dumbbells)

ohh sorry lol 😂
No. PE should be compulsory.

Yes I totally agree, I did say somewhere else on here that I think it should be optional they just shouldn't force us to do it. Yes, you are of course entitled to your opinion too. Sorry if I seemed rude earlier, I didn't mean it that way at all.
ohh sorry lol 😂

S'cool
Original post by niv1234
Yes I totally agree, I did say somewhere else on here that I think it should be optional they just shouldn't force us to do it. Yes, you are of course entitled to your opinion too. Sorry if I seemed rude earlier, I didn't mean it that way at all.

It's cool. I just think that's its quite important to have PE at school. Child obesity is on the rise and if running around for an hour every couple of days helps, then how is that a bad thing. I mean its not a lot of exercise is it? If anything, we should have PE at least once a day.
I miss PE
I used to hate PE too, but then my foot muscles screwed up, and I ended up not being able to do any sports for years. I still can't do any running without screaming from the pain. And until recently, I didn't do any exercise because I stopped doing PE and I stopped doing any extracurricular sports in high school. That led to me getting very unfit and quite fat. It wasn't at all pleasant.

After that experience, I now think there should be more sessions of PE in schools, because being unfit is horrible and kids should be educated on how to avoid that fate, while still maybe having a bit of fun. (and who doesn't enjoy rounders? It was the one thing I liked in PE. o.O)

I also think the Daily Mile scheme is a great idea, because a mile isn't even that far, but it really helps kids stay fit. (keep in mind that running a mile only takes about 15 minutes at most)
I love pe wtf

You need maths you don't need PE
But that's because they don't allow another time for PE, if the lesson was two hours long then timing wouldn't be an issue. It seems to me that your more upset by the fact that you don't fit in with other kids in a PE lesson, not that the actual lesson and what it teaches is wrong.
I hope you realise that this is probably one of the stupidest posts i have ever seen on this, how ignorant can you be to argue that PE should be banned? like i could understand making it optional but not banned completely; society as a whole is becoming increasing overweight and initiatives such as mandatory PE classes are designed to counter this, without the organised classes it is unlikely that a majority of kids would get the 60 mins of exercise which is recommended!
I hated PE having to play football every week with a bunch of try-hards who acted like it was the final of the World Cup was so annoying.

Latest