The Student Room Group

I need help :(

Its all because of my gcse's
i dont think i did well in my exams :frown::frown::frown:
so let me tell what i think i will mostly get
R.E - i think a C/D
science core - D/E (i answered only 2 questions in chemistry i think and only half of physics; biology the whole paper was so weird so....)
english literature - D/E
geography - C/D
maths non calculator - C/D
textiles - B/C
art - B/C
what do i do ???
my parents and everyone around me expect me to get all A stars and A's
how would i face them if i get these grades
pls help me
btw i want to go to sixth form and study - biology and chemistry
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by laumax1401
i dont think i did well in my exams :frown::frown::frown: I WANT TO DIE
R.E - i think a C/D
science core - D/E (i answered only 2 questions in chemistry i think and only half of physics; biology the whole paper was so weird so....)
english literature - D/E
geography - C/D
textiles - B/C
art - B/C
what do i do ???
pls help me

Hi please listen to me!! It doesn't matter what GCSE grades you get, YOU'RE more important and you can always RESIT remember that! Which A levels would you like to do and PLEASE remember GCSEs are NOT everything and you can always resit if you don't do as well as you expected and it always feels like you have done worse than you actually have. You can PM me any time my friend.
didnt you revise? or your got to the exam hall and got scared?

Posted from TSR Mobile
R.E - i think a C/D
english literature - D/E
geography - C/D
textiles - B/C
art - B/C
what do i do ???
pls help me

Grades really aren't worth worrying about. If your parents are more worried about your grades that your mental health, then they need an intervention.
Not achieving grades isn't the end of the world, I know it can suck, because I failed a fair few that I thought I passed. I ended up leaving school with one higher at a D...That was in RMPS neehoo, I went on to get a job for a few years, went to college, and now I'm away to do my degree.
You can't go back and change what you wrote in your paper, if it ends up that you need to resit, then resit, if you have to end up going to college, then go. My main concern is that you think your parents won't support you whatever your grades are. They love you unconditionally, and will support you in whatever way you need it. Speak to them about your concerns and see what they say. If they go mental like you suspect they do, then refer them to "how to love your child after exam results day 101"! (sorry for the sarcasm there, it's a bad habit I have!)
All they can expect is that you went into your exam, and did what you could. Do not worry yourself sick about this, because in the big bad world, your grades really don't matter, the only thing they do is determine how much tax you'll pay in your career! :P
In all seriousness though, exams while they are stressful, and waiting for results is rubbish, do not get yourself worked up about it, try as best you can to put it to the back of your mind until results day, and DO NOT try to look up answers to your paper. :smile: Then take each step as it comes about your future, who knows, maybe you've done better than you think!
R.E - i think a C/D
english literature - D/E
geography - C/D
textiles - B/C
art - B/C
what do i do ???
pls help me

Grades don't define you! We ALL know how you feel, trust me! You probably did better than you thought - everything seems worse than it actually is...

Also, are you on AQA for the sciences? Biology was so weird, I hated it, I think I failed myself so you're not alone! :s-smilie:
R.E - i think a C/D
english literature - D/E
geography - C/D
textiles - B/C
art - B/C
what do i do ???
pls help me

Your not alone, I feel exactly the same. I am going to revise more now so that I can pull my grade sup for the subjects I haven't done all the exams for. But whats done is done so there is no point stressing about it now, focus on future exams instead. Good luck I hope you do well. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by KLouSmart
Grades really aren't worth worrying about. If your parents are more worried about your grades that your mental health, then they need an intervention.
Not achieving grades isn't the end of the world, I know it can suck, because I failed a fair few that I thought I passed. I ended up leaving school with one higher at a D...That was in RMPS neehoo, I went on to get a job for a few years, went to college, and now I'm away to do my degree.
You can't go back and change what you wrote in your paper, if it ends up that you need to resit, then resit, if you have to end up going to college, then go. My main concern is that you think your parents won't support you whatever your grades are. They love you unconditionally, and will support you in whatever way you need it. Speak to them about your concerns and see what they say. If they go mental like you suspect they do, then refer them to "how to love your child after exam results day 101"! (sorry for the sarcasm there, it's a bad habit I have!)
All they can expect is that you went into your exam, and did what you could. Do not worry yourself sick about this, because in the big bad world, your grades really don't matter, the only thing they do is determine how much tax you'll pay in your career! :P
In all seriousness though, exams while they are stressful, and waiting for results is rubbish, do not get yourself worked up about it, try as best you can to put it to the back of your mind until results day, and DO NOT try to look up answers to your paper. :smile: Then take each step as it comes about your future, who knows, maybe you've done better than you think!

OMG thank u so much :smile::smile::smile:
i was in tears when i was reading this
i am so happy that there are people like u who care about others
honestly tho what all u were saying was the things that was going on my head thank u so much
i am so happy someone cares about me
Reply 7
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi please listen to me!! It doesn't matter what GCSE grades you get, YOU'RE more important and you can always RESIT remember that! Which A levels would you like to do and PLEASE remember GCSEs are NOT everything and you can always resit if you don't do as well as you expected and it always feels like you have done worse than you actually have. You can PM me any time my friend.

Thank u so much
this has really helped me
i am so happy that someone actually cares and accepts me :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by niv1234
Your not alone, I feel exactly the same. I am going to revise more now so that I can pull my grade sup for the subjects I haven't done all the exams for. But whats done is done so there is no point stressing about it now, focus on future exams instead. Good luck I hope you do well. :smile:

thank u
good luck to u too
:smile:
Reply 9
Fall down you get back up, you learn from mistakes, you focus on how to improve, you never give up, you continue to believe in yourself, and you try again and again and again until you reach your goal.

It's okay to fall, to stumble, to slow down, but keep moving forward. Keep growing.
Reply 10
Original post by romansholiday
Grades don't define you! We ALL know how you feel, trust me! You probably did better than you thought - everything seems worse than it actually is...

Also, are you on AQA for the sciences? Biology was so weird, I hated it, I think I failed myself so you're not alone! :s-smilie:

Thank u :smile: LETS ALL JUST PRAY I GUESS
btw yh i did aqa for science
that paper was horrible
Reply 11
Original post by Tawheed
Fall down you get back up, you learn from mistakes, you focus on how to improve, you never give up, you continue to believe in yourself, and you try again and again and again until you reach your goal.

It's okay to fall, to stumble, to slow down, but keep moving forward. Keep growing.

Thanks a ton
Reply 12
Original post by Naomeyz_01
didnt you revise? or your got to the exam hall and got scared?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did revise a bit but for some reason i found all the papers hard and i flopped them :frown:
OMG thank u so much :smile::smile::smile:
i was in tears when i was reading this
i am so happy that there are people like u who care about others
honestly tho what all u were saying was the things that was going on my head thank u so much
i am so happy someone cares about me

You're welcome, I've been where you are, and I know how rough it can get, and I would hate for anyone to go through it, without someone there to offer advice or support. As long as you feel a bit better about everything now. It does seem like a big deal and schools/parents/teachers/private tutors put so much pressure on exams, un-necessary pressure. I've failed exams and at the time it was a big deal. Once you leave school, you'll really see how little it actually means, if you're willing to apply yourself, the world is your oyster! If you see yourself walking across a stage in a black gown collecting your degree, you'll find a way to get it, with or without your grades. You got this! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by KLouSmart
You're welcome, I've been where you are, and I know how rough it can get, and I would hate for anyone to go through it, without someone there to offer advice or support. As long as you feel a bit better about everything now. It does seem like a big deal and schools/parents/teachers/private tutors put so much pressure on exams, un-necessary pressure. I've failed exams and at the time it was a big deal. Once you leave school, you'll really see how little it actually means, if you're willing to apply yourself, the world is your oyster! If you see yourself walking across a stage in a black gown collecting your degree, you'll find a way to get it, with or without your grades. You got this! :smile:

yh gurl defo :wink: thanks again
Reply 15
Bumping this now it's been moved :h:

Quick Reply

Latest