The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry New AS Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muddleing_thru
Thanks a mil. I did something similar to this so must have made a mistake somewhere with converting between units... oh well. Thanks again!

You should get some method marks then. And no problem :smile:
Does anyone know how many marks all these questions are? Also how many marks was bacl and mgcl question?
Reply 262
Bacl question was 4 marks
How many marks was the abundances of br2
I worked out the mass for the mass spec questions with the kinetic energy wrong do you think I'll get method marks for when I subbed it in?
Reply 265
Original post by ellaatherz
How many marks was the abundances of br2

2 marks i think
Original post by DaVinciGirl
It's okay, you have another chance in paper 2, you can know learn from you mistakes. I got some questions wrong too. Hopefully the grade boundaries are going be low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

extremely low in my case :frown:
Original post by AceMaths
The gas left over was 30 , you didnt take into account what was in excess and in limited. Dont post answers if they're wrong.

Then why are you checking your answers with this mark scheme. There is no reason to be rude especially when I spent my time making this mark scheme to help others. Also, there are many people who told me that it was 50 so you may be the only one who's telling me it's wrong. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then why are you checking your answers with this mark scheme. There is no reason to be rude especially when I spent my time making this mark scheme to help others. Also, there are many people who told me that it was 50 so you may be the only one who's telling me it's wrong. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it would be obvious that it's not going to be 100% correct with "Unofficial" in the title, but that might just be me...

And, I don't think I said this before, but thank you for the time and effort to make this: much appreciated :smile:
Original post by britishtf2
I thought it would be obvious that it's not going to be 100% correct with "Unofficial" in the title, but that might just be me...

And, I don't think I said this before, but thank you for the time and effort to make this: much appreciated :smile:

Thank you! I really appreciate it. It took about 3 hours :redface: But it's always nice to know that people benefited from it. I'll hopefully make another for the paper 2. :smile:
x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I really appreciate it. It took about 3 hours :redface: But it's always nice to know that people benefited from it. I'll hopefully make another for the paper 2. :smile:
x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do! And many people did, dw :smile: I know the feeling of spending hours on this thread answering questions so I can appreciate your effort xD
Any opinions on grade boundaries??
Original post by SANTR
It won't be below 80% unfortunately.

That's bs. Paper 1 grade boundaries are never higher than 75%. Plus this was a new spec. Expect around 65% for an A for paper 1 and 70% for paper 2 which is bound to be easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you should know that we all really appreciate the time and effort you put into this!! Helps me for sure and I know you must have other exams :smile:) good luck for paper 2 :smile:
Original post by Lola1244
you should know that we all really appreciate the time and effort you put into this!! Helps me for sure and I know you must have other exams :smile:) good luck for paper 2 :smile:

Same here love this mark scheme amazing job
can anyone remember what they did for the barium and magnesium chloride question? I think I over complicated it :frown:
Original post by timtkd22
can anyone remember what they did for the barium and magnesium chloride question? I think I over complicated it :frown:

Two solutions used to get 35.5% - don't know if correct, but this it's what I got.

"1.052g total in the solid, from memory. BaSO4 is the ppt as it is insoluble in water. Mass of ppt was something around 0.78, I think. (137.3/233.4) is proportion of Ba in BaSO4. So, (137.3/233.4)*0.78 (or whatever it was) is mass of barium in ppt. This is therefore the mass of the barium in the BaCl2.

I used that to find the mass of the Cl in the BaCl2 using the fact that Cl ion is 1- and Ba ion is 2+. Therefore, you can find that the mass of the BaCl2 is 0.681 (from memory) and from that you can find the proportion of the MgCl2 in the solid at the start.

With this you get 35.5%"

"I can understand how you worked it out. I used another method by working out the number of moles using moles=mass/mr of baso4 then i wrote the equation bacl2+h2so4=baso4+2hcl and everything is a 1:1 ratio so the same moles of bacl2 were used. I worked out the mass of bacl2 from this using the mass=mr x moles. Then i took this away from the mass of both bacl2 and mgcl2 to work out how much mgcl2 there was. My answer was also 35.5%"
how many marks was the graph for Br2 abundance??
Original post by Lola1244
how many marks was the graph for Br2 abundance??

2 marks
Reply 279
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
2 marks

Hi there,

For the mcqs, I answered them in pencil. Would that be a problem? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest