The Student Room Group

Is size 8/10 chubby for someone who is 5"3?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madeline_H95
Yeh it sounds fat to me

Thanks so much... You don't have to be quite so rude about it. Presumably you're a girl. What size, height and age are you then?
Original post by Anonymous
Really? Swap haha. 40-41 kg is very light, how tall and old are you if you don't mind me asking? Don't be unhappy, I'm sure you look lovely! Everyone will be jealous of you! :smile:

Sorry for late reply. I am 19 and like 155 cm something like that. So yeah short. Yes lets swap. No honestly I want to gain weight...hate the doctors they are like it is no problem and I am like oh realllyyyyyy??????

Everyone does say I look good but seriousllyyyy I want to gain as I just can not. Only if my arms adds some weight then I don't mind. Funny thing is that I still wear size 8-10 as size 6 is too small.
Thanks so much... You don't have to be quite so rude about it. Presumably you're a girl. What size, height and age are you then?

You asked and i replied. I'm not here to butter people up by making people I think are fat feel good by lying to them that they aren't fat in my opinion.

I am about 5'7", size 8 (can get into some size 6) and I'm 20
No.
You asked and i replied. I'm not here to butter people up by making people I think are fat feel good by lying to them that they aren't fat in my opinion.

For a 20 year old, you're possibly one of the most immature users I've come across on this site. How a size 8 is 'fat' is beyond me. You prove how girls are their own worst enemies. The struggle women go through in our society because of constant pressure to be skinny, is disgusting and the fact that you're joining in on that immediately loses everybody's respect. Horrendous, totally horrendous.
Original post by ivybridge
For a 20 year old, you're possibly one of the most immature users I've come across on this site. How a size 8 is 'fat' is beyond me. You prove how girls are their own worst enemies. The struggle women go through in our society because of constant pressure to be skinny, is disgusting and the fact that you're joining in on that immediately loses everybody's respect. Horrendous, totally horrendous.

A size 8 is not fat. I'm a size. HOWEVER, a size 8 on a girl very short is fat. A size 8 that short has a muffin top when wearing jeans and a bikini. Eat less and move more and you will be skinny. There is nothign wrong with being skinny and fat acceptance has gone too far. Having a thigh gap is important to me
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think that's chubby at all. If you're happy with how you look then who cares what others think. Plus that's probably ideal, but what do I know :lol:
Sorry for late reply. I am 19 and like 155 cm something like that. So yeah short. Yes lets swap. No honestly I want to gain weight...hate the doctors they are like it is no problem and I am like oh realllyyyyyy??????

Everyone does say I look good but seriousllyyyy I want to gain as I just can not. Only if my arms adds some weight then I don't mind. Funny thing is that I still wear size 8-10 as size 6 is too small.

It's fine haha. It's not that late at all! I'm quite surprised your doctor doesn't want to help you to gain weight because you are right at the low end of underweight according to your BMI. Is it natural or have you had an eating disorder in the past if you don't mind me asking? You probably just have a larger frame/bone structure! Honestly, you have the type of figure loads of people (me included) really envy so you definitely don't need to worry! :biggrin: As long as you're healthy you're fine!
A size 8 is not fat. I'm a size. HOWEVER, a size 8 on a girl very short is fat. A size 8 that short has a muffin top when wearing jeans and a bikini. Eat less and move more and you will be skinny. There is nothign wrong with being skinny and fat acceptance has gone too far.

There is nothing wrong with being skinny and likewise, there's nothing wrong with being chubby, either. "Fat acceptance" - ********. Standing up and saying people shouldn't be pressuring women to think that in order to be anything worthy of a glance, they should be stick-thin is not 'fat acceptance', it's called being a decent human being. There are two very significant sides to this huge spectrum, being too far on either end is unhealthy and this person has a healthy BMI and size. There is nothing wrong with her. Question how it is that people end up having such warped relationships with food and then you might see why your attitude is disgusting.

Attachment not found

I know I asked but going off of personal experience if I was in your position and commenting on someone else I would at least try to be more tactful and give some constructive advice not just say it in an insulting way. I think you may be forgetting personality is important as well and you don't need to be quite so rude. If you look back at the thread you will see that I've been very polite to other people who share you're opinion as well as people who don't but there are different ways of getting your point across - you can be constructive or just plain insulting!
I know I asked but going off of personal experience if I was in your position and commenting on someone else I would at least try to be more tactful and give some constructive advice not just say it in an insulting way. I think you may be forgetting personality is important as well and you don't need to be quite so rude. If you look back at the thread you will see that I've been very polite to other people who share you're opinion as well as people who don't but there are different ways of getting your point across - you can be constructive or just plain insulting!

You can't wrap yourself up in cotton wool in life. Not everyone is nice. I'll be constructive and say eat less and move more and go to the gym. She'll then lose weight and not be fat

There is nothing wrong with being skinny and likewise, there's nothing wrong with being chubby, either. "Fat acceptance" - ********. Standing up and saying people shouldn't be pressuring women to think that in order to be anything worthy of a glance, they should be stick-thin is not 'fat acceptance', it's called being a decent human being. There are two very significant sides to this huge spectrum, being too far on either end is unhealthy and this person has a healthy BMI and size. There is nothing wrong with her. Question how it is that people end up having such warped relationships with food and then you might see why your attitude is disgusting.

Hahah, my attitude is not disgusting. Being fat is disgusting. Fat acceptance is disgusting. Anything over a size 16 is disgusting. Society needs to move away from thinking fat and obesity is normal when they're not. 60% of adults in Britain are fat. Not all of these have a medical condition causing them to be fat. They all need to lose weight.

Being anorexic is bad though there's a range of what's normal and nice and fat isn't in that range.
I know girls that size and height and it looks really nice on them but they carry their weight in the right places...it's sexy not too small not too big.
You can't wrap yourself up in cotton wool in life. Not everyone is nice. I'll be constructive and say eat less and move more and go to the gym. She'll then lose weight and not be fat

Hahah, my attitude is not disgusting. Being fat is disgusting. Fat acceptance is disgusting. Anything over a size 16 is disgusting. Society needs to move away from thinking fat and obesity is normal when they're not. 60% of adults in Britain are fat. Not all of these have a medical condition causing them to be fat. They all need to lose weight.

Being anorexic is bad though there's a range of what's normal and nice and fat isn't in that range.

First of all, you have completely ignored the distinction I made. As such, your entire post has no validity.

Secondly, learn what 'normal' means.

And finally, your attitude is disgusting, regardless.
(edited 7 years ago)
First of all, you have completely ignored the distinction I made. As such, your entire post has no validity.

And finally, your attitude is disgustig, regardless.

Your attitude is right but obnoxious at the same time, just because it's coming from you.
Any other opinions from guys? Would you date someone who was that size and height? Or would you prefer it if they were a size 4 (0) or size 6?

You're size is fine, any less would be on the low side. As for the latter, I'm over a foot taller and weigh over twice as much as you, so that might be interesting.. but who knows :wink:
Original post by xobeauty
Your attitude is right but obnoxious at the same time, just because it's coming from you.

The same can be said for you. Minus the 'right' part.

And finally, your attitude is disgusting, regardless.

You didn't make a distinction. You said there is nothing wrong with being fat - there is something wrong with being fat, fat is disgusting. There is nothing wrong pressuring women to not be fat when women shouldn't be fat. No one is saying be size 0. They're just saying don't be fat.
The same can be said for you. Minus the 'right' part.

OH DAYM shots fired

No, judging by you (and other people I've known in the past but not to do with this issue) clearly not everyone is nice... I would remind you that my BMI is 19.5. It is therefore much closer to underweight than overweight. It is well within the healthy range. I am a size 8/size 10 not 16 and I am not anywhere close to medically overweight. I will take your attitude and try to ignore it but the next person you say this to might not be able to. It's your type of attitude that can give people eating disorders.
You didn't make a distinction. You said there is nothing wrong with being fat - there is something wrong with being fat, fat is disgusting. There is nothing wrong pressuring women to not be fat when women shouldn't be fat. No one is saying be size 0. They're just saying don't be fat.

I did not say that and I also challenge your perception of what "fat" is. Pressuring is wrong. Educating is right. What people choose to do from then on is their own choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending