The Student Room Group

When will life get better?

I am seriously so fed up. I am simply venting here and not necessarily looking for advice.

I have never hated my job so much, but lately it has become unbearable. I spent a good 15 minutes sitting in the toilet thinking of 101 ways I could escape work. I work hard and it goes unnoticed, my managers have their own little system (long story) and it annoys the crap out of me. I am looking for something new but it has been a struggle so far since I lack experience.

My '' friends'' have totally dropped me out. My '' best friend'' latched onto my college friend and Co and now they hang out all the time. They have gone out so many times and they haven't invited me. When they have invited me I have clearly been the after thought (they post their plans on fb and I happen to see it). This really Pisses me off,however I feel like in a situation like this addressing the topic will kill the vibe. Plus it would be like I'm forcing people to hang out with me and honestly if they don't want to, then I have to accept that.

Now I basically have no one to go out with for my birthday. One of my friends says I can go out with him and his friends instead - I don't want to rely on him. Right now he's like my go to person because I realise no one else actually cares which is kinda sad.

My love life is a shambles. I have met quite a few guys this year. One guy admitted he only wanted sex months down the line although I asked him in the beginning, another dude couldn't get his head around the fact I'm celibate and backed off right after I told him, then another guy acted interested and then stopped replying to me after going out of his way to approach me and spend time getting to know me. I have no idea what happened. In between I have met creeps and flakes. Maybe there is something wrong with me tbh.

I seriously just want to disappear somewhere for a while. Instead I am just crying into my pillow when I should be asleep cos I have work in the morning 😢😢
Original post by phunky_fresh
I am seriously so fed up. I am simply venting here and not necessarily looking for advice.

I have never hated my job so much, but lately it has become unbearable. I spent a good 15 minutes sitting in the toilet thinking of 101 ways I could escape work. I work hard and it goes unnoticed, my managers have their own little system (long story) and it annoys the crap out of me. I am looking for something new but it has been a struggle so far since I lack experience.

My '' friends'' have totally dropped me out. My '' best friend'' latched onto my college friend and Co and now they hang out all the time. They have gone out so many times and they haven't invited me. When they have invited me I have clearly been the after thought (they post their plans on fb and I happen to see it). This really Pisses me off,however I feel like in a situation like this addressing the topic will kill the vibe. Plus it would be like I'm forcing people to hang out with me and honestly if they don't want to, then I have to accept that.

Now I basically have no one to go out with for my birthday. One of my friends says I can go out with him and his friends instead - I don't want to rely on him. Right now he's like my go to person because I realise no one else actually cares which is kinda sad.

My love life is a shambles. I have met quite a few guys this year. One guy admitted he only wanted sex months down the line although I asked him in the beginning, another dude couldn't get his head around the fact I'm celibate and backed off right after I told him, then another guy acted interested and then stopped replying to me after going out of his way to approach me and spend time getting to know me. I have no idea what happened. In between I have met creeps and flakes. Maybe there is something wrong with me tbh.

I seriously just want to disappear somewhere for a while. Instead I am just crying into my pillow when I should be asleep cos I have work in the morning 😢😢

Go to hell with the song On a highway to hell by ACDC then come back from your vacation down there
I feel the same. Questionning my entire ruddy existence. Why do i exist? I'm full of bad luck. Nothing has ever worked out for me, no matter how hard i flipping try.

I lack consistency. :angry: :angry:
I hate myself - i rather just wither away and die.
Reply 3

Have you considered returning to education?
Reply 4

I'm here if you need a chat. I might not be the most exciting guy to talk to, but I assure you, I tell some pretty bad jokes on the side.
If you hate your job, leave? And get a new one?
Your life is miserable because you make it miserable. If you feel like you're being left out, how about you make plans with them instead? Invite them over to your house or invite them to the movies. Or even better, leave them and make new friends.

So someone is actually offering for you to hang out with them, why don't you? You don't need to always hang out with your other friends. Try something new and you might like hanging out with this person who is offering. Also, would you rather stay stuck in the house doing nothing or go out with someone at least?

Life isn't all about love. Just be yourself and wait for the right person. Take up a new hobby or something.

Good luck.
Sorry you feel that way. That sucks, I can relate to some of what you're saying. Not a nice feeling when it happens. Things will improve eventually, tons of people go through these spells. Circumstances change often, it will improve. If you really hate your job, quit. Sounds drastic, but why not? The only aim in life is to be happy, everything else is just a means of a way to get yourself to happiness. So if you aren't happy then change it.

If the guy is offering to go out with you on his birthday, take him up on it. You make it sound like he's genuine. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to if he knew you were upset about your situation and needed him. I understand the feeling of what if he's just saying it, it feels like you're just annoying him by making him hang out with you but I'm sure that's not true. Meet up with him, I'm sure he's happy to. Also make new friends if you're current ones are blocking you out. Join something to meet other people, invite them all out. It's easy for me to say all this, different actually doing it but you shouldn't be going through life feeling like that. Hope it improves soon!
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Your life is miserable because you make it miserable. If you feel like you're being left out, how about you make plans with them instead? Invite them over to your house or invite them to the movies. Or even better, leave them and make new friends.

So someone is actually offering for you to hang out with them, why don't you? You don't need to always hang out with your other friends. Try something new and you might like hanging out with this person who is offering. Also, would you rather stay stuck in the house doing nothing or go out with someone at least?

Life isn't all about love. Just be yourself and wait for the right person. Take up a new hobby or something.

Good luck.

It's not that easy though is it? Most people can't just quit a job they don't like, can't just suddenly find someone they like, things do not just fall into place like that, you are likely writing from a position of relative weakness yourself, no offense, but unless you're a millionaire with a hot loyal boyfriend i'll maintain that position.

It may never get better, that's the truth, the only thing you can do is take every oppurtunity to make it so.
Original post by George VI
It's not that easy though is it? Most people can't just quit a job they don't like, can't just suddenly find someone they like, things do not just fall into place like that, you are likely writing from a position of relative weakness yourself, no offense, but unless you're a millionaire with a hot loyal boyfriend i'll maintain that position.

It may never get better, that's the truth, the only thing you can do is take every oppurtunity to make it so.

I get your point, maybe you're right. But I don't agree it won't get better. It will, this person seems like she's trying at least, and wants it to change. Maybe flat out quitting is a bad idea, but see what other jobs are available, and apply if it interests her.

If she keeps talking to people, she'll find someone she clicks with eventually. Just got to put yourself out there and take some leaps. If it doesn't come off then try again. It will get better eventually.

But I agree above, don't wait for people to invite you out all time. Organise something yourself. Even ask people you wouldn't normally hang out with but you like, if they say no fine.
Original post by George VI

Lol, I never once said it was easy. And no, I dont have a "hot loyal boyfriend" - because I choose not to get into relationships during my education as its distracting and obviously I'm not a millionaire, I'm doing my A Levels. You know nothing about me, and what I have been through. I'm talking from experience. I do have a job though, one that I actually like, and I have left one that I didnt like. Why would you stay in a job that you hate and make your life purposely miserable? She can still apply to jobs while doing her current job. She can still look around, and hand CV's in. She asked for a solution and I gave it.

Clearly things dont "fall into place" - Im suggesting that if she applies to a new job she'll be in a new environment and make new friends. If she wants to feel included she should make plans with people. If she took up a hobby for instance, she would most likely meet new people and feel more included.

I never once said it was easy, but if she doesnt try then she will never know whats out there for her. She cant just sit there and expect life to get "better" by doing nothing and feeling sorry for herself. She should try and make changes. I'm not trying to be horrible or anything, I'm just offering solutions and she can choose to take them or not.
Original post by AndrewSCO
I get your point, maybe you're right. But I don't agree it won't get better. It will, this person seems like she's trying at least, and wants it to change. Maybe flat out quitting is a bad idea, but see what other jobs are available, and apply if it interests her.

If she keeps talking to people, she'll find someone she clicks with eventually. Just got to put yourself out there and take some leaps. If it doesn't come off then try again. It will get better eventually.

But I agree above, don't wait for people to invite you out all time. Organise something yourself. Even ask people you wouldn't normally hang out with but you like, if they say no fine.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was trying to say :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I feel the same. Questionning my entire ruddy existence. Why do i exist? I'm full of bad luck. Nothing has ever worked out for me, no matter how hard i flipping try.

I lack consistency. :angry: :angry:
I hate myself - i rather just wither away and die.

Oh wow. Sorry you feel this way, I really hope you are able to turn things around. I believe everyone has a purpose, but some of us just have to work a little harder to get there. I know it's hard but it has to be worth it in the end.
Original post by M14B
Have you considered returning to education?

I did at one point in time. However I feel like my degree was a waste of time. More than half of the curriculum was irrelevant once I completed my degree. No matter what job interviews I went for my feedback would be great, I sounded confident and I knew my stuff. It was the fact I didn't have enough experience that killed it for me. I've done internships which didn't lead to full- time jobs etc.

I was offered a job I really wanted and I worked for the company for a month. In that time I had the worst experience ever and I was pretty much pushed out the job. Following this I did freelance work for a newspaper which I loved, but this was only temporary and there were no current vacancies. I would occasionally check to see if they needed anyone and they said they didn't.
Original post by David B
I'm here if you need a chat. I might not be the most exciting guy to talk to, but I assure you, I tell some pretty bad jokes on the side.

Haha thank you. I will bear this in mind 😊
Original post by sameehaiqbal

Good luck.

If it was that easy I would have done this ages ago.
No matter what job interviews I went for my feedback would be great, I sounded confident and I knew my stuff. It was the fact I didn't have enough experience that killed it for me. I've done internships which didn't lead to full- time jobs etc.

I was offered a job I really wanted and I worked for the company for a month. In that time I had the worst experience ever and I was pretty much pushed out the job. Following this I did freelance work for a newspaper which I loved, but this was only temporary and there were no current vacancies. I would occasionally check to see if they needed anyone and they said they didn't.

At this point in time it would be random for me to invite them out. I have never been one to organise things, but I have here and there. The last time my friends said they weren't interested, then they ended up going!!!! I let them know how annoyed I was at the time.

When I said i didn't want to rely on him, I meant rely on him all the time. I will definitely take him up on his offer this time 😊 I just need to find my own set of friends.

I feel like life is about love. Not necessarily finding a partner, but surrounding yourself with people and things you love. But when you don't have that its hard to see the light. Thanks for your advice!
Original post by AndrewSCO
Sorry you feel that way. That sucks, I can relate to some of what you're saying. Not a nice feeling when it happens. Things will improve eventually, tons of people go through these spells. Circumstances change often, it will improve. If you really hate your job, quit. Sounds drastic, but why not? The only aim in life is to be happy, everything else is just a means of a way to get yourself to happiness. So if you aren't happy then change it.

If the guy is offering to go out with you on his birthday, take him up on it. You make it sound like he's genuine. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to if he knew you were upset about your situation and needed him. I understand the feeling of what if he's just saying it, it feels like you're just annoying him by making him hang out with you but I'm sure that's not true. Meet up with him, I'm sure he's happy to. Also make new friends if you're current ones are blocking you out. Join something to meet other people, invite them all out. It's easy for me to say all this, different actually doing it but you shouldn't be going through life feeling like that. Hope it improves soon!

Sorry didn't see your response. I would love to quit my job, but I have bills to pay. I have taken a couple weeks off work to sort out my life - it was definetly needed as I was starting to go crazy.

He was offering to take me out with his friends for my birthday, however I have just found out that he's made other plans :frown: I was going to invite everyone (including those in my post), however I'm so upset he can't come after he said I'm coming out with his friends for my birthday on two occasions. Was too good to be true, I don't even want to go anymore now :frown:

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending