The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Yeah, the description says it uses air. Very cool. :biggrin:

I always thought computers used cartridges/cassettes, although thinking about it they always have reel to reel machines like that on the movies. Just imagine, Whoops, dropped the spool, tape everywhere :frown:

or you could do this
[video="youtube;n44iF81FFEw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n44iF81FFEw[/video]
Original post by Associativity
I always thought computers used cartridges/cassettes, although thinking about it they always have reel to reel machines like that on the movies. Just imagine, Whoops, dropped the spool, tape everywhere :frown:

or you could do this
[video="youtube;n44iF81FFEw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n44iF81FFEw[/video]

That VHS prank would be my idea of a nightmare. :afraid:

Amazing to think those tape drives were still being made in the 90s - early 2000s. :zomg: Especially with 700 MB CDs around!
That VHS prank would be my idea of a nightmare. :afraid:

Amazing to think those tape drives were still being made in the 90s - early 2000s. :zomg: Especially with 700 MB CDs around!

I guess some people probably still use them now, they just don't want to change, for some reason?????
Original post by Associativity
I guess some people probably still use them now, they just don't want to change, for some reason?????

Apparently they don't make the tape anymore, so it'd take a lot of effort! I could understand why someone would want to just out of appreciation for older technology, though.
Apparently they don't make the tape anymore, so it'd take a lot of effort! I could understand why someone would want to just out of appreciation for older technology, though.

There's one thing worse than tape..

Punch cards
I'm wining :king1:
I'm still winning :king1:
This should be the tsr clock/calandar.
I was very inebriated last night……. oh dear
Original post by iEthan
I was very inebriated last night……. oh dear

When sober, iEthan is the perfect example of a hard working, dedicated mod... but when drunk, he transforms into his alter ego: greatguy. :zomg:

Latest